Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multimatic 200 questions ... 110v?? 115v??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H2o
    replied
    Most devices and machines now are multi voltage. Most electronics (cell phones, cameras, computers) all run 110-240v, 50-60htz. It really is nice when you travel since you don't have to worry about transformers... just plugs. Some countries like Brazil don't even have a standard voltage; they run 120 (most common) to 240, and have just started standardizing outlets and plugs. They used to use US, European, and now have their own standard just to add to the fun of it all.

Unfortunately, the US still uses 120 which is a poor choice. Europe, after WWII had to rebuild everything, and based on fact that fewer households had electrical appliances compared to US. They picked 240/50hz as it was the more efficient way to transmit electricity, while minimizing power loss trough the copper. I had read somewhere up to 50% of energy is lost from creation to consumption.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied

If you know how to use a multimeter and can safely check the voltage at one of your outlets, I think you'll be surprised to find that it will likely read somewhere in the 124-ish volts range. The "110" designation is merely a scope of range. Some guys actually get all bent out of shape over it, glad to see no body got their panties knotted up this time.

Leave a comment:

• Turbosmart4
    replied
    Thank you , sir
    Originally posted by Doughboyracer View Post
    From Wiki...
    "In the United States and Canada, national standards specify that the nominal voltage at the source should be 120 V and allow a range of 114 V to 126 V (RMS) (−5% to +5%). Historically 110 V, 115 V and 117 V have been used at different times and places in North America. Mains power is sometimes spoken of as 110 V; however, 120 V is the nominal voltage."

Leave a comment:

• Doughboyracer
    replied
    Originally posted by Turbosmart4 View Post
    Thank you I appreciate it. So any 115v-120v works with a 110v receptacle?
    From Wiki...
    "In the United States and Canada, national standards specify that the nominal voltage at the source should be 120 V and allow a range of 114 V to 126 V (RMS) (−5% to +5%). Historically 110 V, 115 V and 117 V have been used at different times and places in North America. Mains power is sometimes spoken of as 110 V; however, 120 V is the nominal voltage."

Leave a comment:

• Turbosmart4
    replied
    Thank you I appreciate it. So any 115v-120v works with a 110v receptacle?
    Originally posted by Broccoli1 View Post
    110,115,120v= really the same thing

220,230,240v= same thing

http://www.millerwelds.com/products/...p?model=M00361

Click on the video regarding the MVP plugs

Leave a comment:

• Broccoli1
    replied
    110,115,120v= really the same thing

220,230,240v= same thing

http://www.millerwelds.com/products/...p?model=M00361

Click on the video regarding the MVP plugs

Leave a comment:

• Turbosmart4
    started a topic Multimatic 200 questions ... 110v?? 115v??

Hi everyone, this is my first post. I've been reading about the multimatic 200 , and I've been wondering if it needs an adapter to use it on the common 110v and 220v receptacles. I know it says 115v and 230v , so I wanted to know if I needed to buy extra stuff to make it work. Thanks in advance.
Working...
X