Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cruizer
    replied
    Huh, you need a Wc24 and a spoolmatic 30a, this runs on 24VAC. You would have something in the Everlast to turn the arc on and off

Leave a comment:

• dovey
    replied
    another question, sorry,.....
    Are the spoolomatic 1, 2 and 3 compatible with a WC-3 controller? Or do I have to find a spoolomatic 2?
    Thanks
    Brad

Leave a comment:

• dovey
    replied
    It is an inverter based machine that is 240 volt. No contactor in it. Some new fangled technology that I don't understand. Sounds like I am hooped. I guess I need a WC-3 box with a contactor hey? Do you know of any for sale?

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    which wires on the everlast are 115Volts, cause thats what the old WC1 needs, and which are contactor, is it one wire or is it two dry (no power) contacts

Leave a comment:

• dovey
    replied
    Ok here is what I found out. Pins number 5 and number 7 send 24 volts to the spool gun. does that help at all?
    I gotta say I will not buy another everlast. customer service is the craps. I really like the machine, but the spool gun is terrible. Hoping to be able to hook the spoolomatic 1 and wc 1 up to it.
    any help is appreciated.

brad

Leave a comment:

• dovey
    replied
    Ok I will see if I can get one for you. Much appreciated. - Brad

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    Probably, but would need the Everlast wiring diagram for the pin out

Leave a comment:

• dovey
    replied
    Hi Guys any help is much appreciated I'm at a loss

trying to hook the Wc-1 and spoolomatic to an everlast 250p I-mig. Is there a way to do this?
    Thanks

Brad

Leave a comment:

• dovey
    replied
    More clarification

My Everlast 250p mig is CV/CC
    The setup I would like to run off it is a WC-1 with a Spoolomatic 1. the WC-1 does not have a contactor in it. As below I have run a WC-3 and spoolomatic 2 off the everlast, but the wc-3 had a contactor in it.[ How would I run the WC-1 combined with the spoolomatic one off my everlast? Is it possible without a contactor in the wc-1? if not can I adapt or add a contactor?
    thanks
    Sorry for all the confusion.
    Brad

Sorry I am so vague, but I am very new to welding. My machine is an everlast 250 pulse Mig with a stick function. I have used successfully hoocked up a miller wc-3 and spoolomatic 2 on it. But I see the wc-3 has no contactor. The wc-1 looks completely different and its over my head to figure it out. Is there a way I can add a contactor to the WC-1 or some other way I can get it to work on the everlast?
    Thank you so much for the help!!!!!!
    Brad[/QUOTE]

Leave a comment:

• dovey
    replied
    Hi guys and thanks for the resposes thus far

Sorry I am so vague, but I am very new to welding. My machine is an everlast 250 pulse Mig with a stick function. I have used successfully hoocked up a miller wc-3 and spoolomatic 2 on it. But I see the wc-3 has no contactor. The wc-1 looks completely different and its over my head to figure it out. Is there a way I can add a contactor to the WC-1 or some other way I can get it to work on the everlast?
    Thank you so much for the help!!!!!!
    Brad

Leave a comment:

• duaneb55
    replied
    The Spoolmatic 1 and WC-1 weld controller are not designed to be used with a stick (CC) type machine but rather a constant voltage (CV) MIG power supply.

So unless your inverter machine has a CV mode you're barking up the wrong tree. You'd need the Spoolmatic 2 and WC-2 or WC-3.

As cruizer asked - what machine do you have?

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    And what machine do you have powering the spoolgun, your pretty vague at best. For instance a spoolmatic 3 doesn't need a WC-3. It just plugs into a miller 14.
    Last edited by cruizer; 09-22-2015, 05:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dovey
    started a topic help with WC-1 and Spoolomatic 1

help with WC-1 and Spoolomatic 1

Hi there,
    I recently purchased a WC-1 and a spoolomatic 1 to try and run it on my inverter machine which has a stick function. previous to this I borrowed a WC-3 and a spoolomatic 3 which I was able to run off my inverter maching no problem. I am having problems hooking up the WC-1 as the manual says it has a contactor connection and I don't have a contactor connection on my machine. Can anyone help me with this? I am a newby welder and have limited knowledge. The spoolomatic 3 worked just fantastic off my machine.
    thanks
    Brad
Working...
X