MIG or TIG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iso50
    here is a link to salary.com will need to enter your own zip and choose welding skill level from the skilled trades column.. the results may surprise you...

http://swz.salary.com/salarywizard/l...pe=1&x=39&y=10

hope this helps
    Heiti

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

iso50,

That's a tough question: We have a plant here in TN that TIGS SS pipe fitting assemblies. The work is very clean and strictly fusion TIG without filler. It is 8 hours per day and starts a 40K/year and tops at 52K/year.

There is an aircraft parts plant in Ohio that TIGS a titanium alloy for one of the major aircraft companies and their welders make about 55K/year. These guys are experienced aricraft aluminum welders and the few that can do the job are lucky to be there. It is extremely tough work.

There are also plenty of 25K/year welding jobs out for grabs as we speak. If you are good and know all the processes, your chances of the higher dollars are better. With experience and good luck you may land a great high tech welding job, but don't bank that one until it happens. Those jobs are hard to get and easy to loose.

It all depends on where you are and what type work you want.

Comment

Seems like a good paying profession, once you are expreianced.
        It's not the voltage that gets you, it's the amps.

Comment

iso50,

First the knowledge, then the practice, experience will come in time.

BEST OF LUCK!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HAWK
            iso50,

First the knowledge, then the practice, experience will come in time.

BEST OF LUCK!!!
            I'm reading the Miller books, and hope to get a welder soon. I am in the process of signing up for a Technical Dimploma in Fab/weld.

Comment

Originally posted by iso50
              Ok, now for a simple question:

How much do welders make? Esp those just starting out (with tech school training).
              iso50,
              At the 'day' job they start tech grads. at $16.50 per hr. with a review in 30 days. The review usually results in absolutly nothing until 1 year. As for welding "guys" that have their own equip. the price can range from $40- $60 per hour, in my area. As I have posted in the past, weld it well and the customers will come to you. You might end up eating beans and weinies for awhile but if you do quality work at a fair price[ for your area ] you WILL make a decent living.Hope this helps!! Weld well!!!!!!!!!!
              Mike
              MACH4

Comment

Don't forget that a good welding education and some experience can open a lot of doors to welding related fields that offer other challenges like teaching, sales, manufacturing consulting or many other related fields. Good luck and study, Jeff
                200DX 350P 625 Plasma & other stuff I forgot

Comment

Originally posted by jeffscarstrucks
                  Don't forget that a good welding education and some experience can open a lot of doors to welding related fields that offer other challenges like teaching, sales, manufacturing consulting or many other related fields. Good luck and study, Jeff
                  School doesn't start until August, so part will have to wait

Comment

Working...
                  X