Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tinker Joe 2
    replied
    Is that like a 2 cylinder that is on the generator ?

Leave a comment:

• 1997CST
    replied
    Its just not worth the money on a 17 year old welder. Before you are done you will have $1500 into it if you can find all the parts.
    then if a flywheel goes soon after rebuild another $600. Not worth it. You could find a newer used Bobcat with a Kohler for less than
    $2000. JMO

Leave a comment:

• lopez62566
    replied
    Here's what it looks like

Leave a comment:

• lopez62566
    replied
    Ok,need help the block is not going to make it ,what can i replace the block with,i have part number 170-4347 on the old block what will it interchange with ?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• lopez62566
    replied
    Originally posted by duaneb55 View Post
    Based on your description, saving this one is going to be expensive.

Is the block damaged such that it's not serviceable?

When one rod breaks it's advisable to replace the other - even if it looks good. Aluminum rods have a finite life.
    I think the block would work ,if i dont find a
    replacement for it.The small oil line inside got crushed an the outside were the lift
    ers go got hit as well causing 2 lifters getting stuck in there bores

Leave a comment:

• duaneb55
    replied
    Based on your description, saving this one is going to be expensive.

Is the block damaged such that it's not serviceable?

When one rod breaks it's advisable to replace the other - even if it looks good. Aluminum rods have a finite life.

Leave a comment:

• lopez62566
    replied
    Ok guys i removed the engine from the welder ,rotor and crankshaft and it looks like the case got beat up inside.The case # 170-4347 the question is what can i replace it with ?crank is going to have to be ground, to next size or two it egg shaped by 12 thounsands,rods 170-4444 like a granade went off inside oil pan

Leave a comment:

• lopez62566
    replied
    IIRC, it was just before mid 90s when Miller changed to the threaded crank/rotor from tapered.

Im located in Houston,Texas

Leave a comment:

• duaneb55
    replied
    IIRC, it was just before mid 90s when Miller changed to the threaded crank/rotor from tapered.

Leave a comment:

• Tryagn5
    replied
    That '98 is going to have the 1" threaded crank on the rotor end and not tapered. If in fact you need a new one, I see them (take outs) on eBay from time to time with one there now (item# 131425998878).

If it broke a rod (not unusual) and has metal transfer to the crank rod journal (typical) it can be saved by simply going at it with some coarse sand paper and changing to finer grit as you go until the aluminum is completely removed. Have done this numerous times myself with Onan and other small engines running aluminum rods with no bearing inserts.

For parts, http://www.onanparts.com/ is one of if not the best place online to get parts and owner TJ is your #1 source for detailed information on these engines.
    Thought they were of a taper, but safe to say they are more of a unique crank then standard. Never had a crank go bad in an onan, although have had them ball up aluminum from broken rods. Have seen many cases with holes from rods trying to escape the crankcase.
    Kevin

Leave a comment:

• Can You Weld This For Me?
    replied
    Originally posted by lopez62566 View Post
    i have a 1998 bobcat 225 nt with p216g onan looking for parts to get her running again.
    Where are you located?

Leave a comment:

• duaneb55
    replied
    Originally posted by Tryagn5 View Post
    Pistons and rods are easy. Crank is difficult because it must be a taper shaft. I would look for another welder. Onans are pricey to rebuild. Or try to get the crank reground.
    Kevin
    That '98 is going to have the 1" threaded crank on the rotor end and not tapered. If in fact you need a new one, I see them (take outs) on eBay from time to time with one there now (item# 131425998878).

If it broke a rod (not unusual) and has metal transfer to the crank rod journal (typical) it can be saved by simply going at it with some coarse sand paper and changing to finer grit as you go until the aluminum is completely removed. Have done this numerous times myself with Onan and other small engines running aluminum rods with no bearing inserts.

For parts, http://www.onanparts.com/ is one of if not the best place online to get parts and owner TJ is your #1 source for detailed information on these engines.
    Last edited by duaneb55; 09-19-2015, 08:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• lopez62566
    replied
    Originally posted by Tryagn5 View Post
    Pistons and rods are easy. Crank is difficult because it must be a taper shaft. I would look for another welder. Onans are pricey to rebuild. Or try to get the crank reground.
    Kevin
    Ok,im going to pull the motor and finish taking it apart and see what else got damaged
    Last edited by lopez62566; 09-18-2015, 07:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Tryagn5
    replied
    Originally posted by lopez62566 View Post
    i have a 1998 bobcat 225 nt with p216g onan looking for parts to get her running again.Looking for good second hand parts,crank,piston and rods.been looking but maybe no hard enough

Thanks Sam
    Kevin

Leave a comment:

• lopez62566
    started a topic 1998 bobcat 225 nt parts needed

1998 bobcat 225 nt parts needed

i have a 1998 bobcat 225 nt with p216g onan looking for parts to get her running again.Looking for good second hand parts,crank,piston and rods.been looking but maybe no hard enough

Thanks Sam
Working...
X