XMT 350 Troubleshooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XMT 350 Troubleshooting

Hey all, new to the forum but could really use some help/advice. A friend of mine is selling off a lot of things in an estate sale. One of which is an XMT 350. Problem is he does not know if it works. He has no leads or anything to test the machine. He says it turns on and the digital display comes on, but he says he doesnt get any readings from the lead terminals on the machine with a multimeter. I know absolutely nothing about this machine nor how to troubleshoot it. If at all possible could anyone point me in the right direction as to what I should look for and will I be able to tell if the machine is any good without being able to physically use it? Believe me I know the last thing you want to do is buy something without seeing if it works, but lets just say its a very good price. But if it is going to cost an arm and a leg to possibly repair then I will stray away. I appreciate any help. Thanks

Originally posted by JShad View Post
    Hey all, new to the forum but could really use some help/advice. A friend of mine is selling off a lot of things in an estate sale. One of which is an XMT 350. Problem is he does not know if it works. He has no leads or anything to test the machine. He says it turns on and the digital display comes on, but he says he doesnt get any readings from the lead terminals on the machine with a multimeter. I know absolutely nothing about this machine nor how to troubleshoot it. If at all possible could anyone point me in the right direction as to what I should look for and will I be able to tell if the machine is any good without being able to physically use it? Believe me I know the last thing you want to do is buy something without seeing if it works, but lets just say its a very good price. But if it is going to cost an arm and a leg to possibly repair then I will stray away. I appreciate any help. Thanks
    You could download the proper manual by plugging in the serial number on this page..

http://www.millerwelds.com/service/ownersmanuals.php

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Originally posted by H80N View Post
      You could download the proper manual by plugging in the serial number on this page..http://www.millerwelds.com/service/ownersmanuals.php
      Thank you. I did find this link earlier and I didnt realize how vague just saying XMT 350 was. I am going to look at the machine wednesday or thrusday this week. I will get the number then and punch it in. However I did browse over a couple of the different 350 model manuals and noticed that the troubleshooting section was rather small. So do be more specific is there anyway to make sure that a circuit board or any other of the overly expensive parts are not bad?

Comment

Originally posted by JShad View Post
        Thank you. I did find this link earlier and I didnt realize how vague just saying XMT 350 was. I am going to look at the machine wednesday or thrusday this week. I will get the number then and punch it in. However I did browse over a couple of the different 350 model manuals and noticed that the troubleshooting section was rather small. So do be more specific is there anyway to make sure that a circuit board or any other of the overly expensive parts are not bad?
        The best way is to test it under power...

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
        Dynasty 200DX
        Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
        Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

The best way to test the majority of the PC board functions is by using a Technical Manual that includes the Pre-Power Tests of key components. These tests are not all inclusive and would not test every part of the board. This manual is usually only available to the service distributors.

That being said, if you have already turned it on and nothing exciting happened the pre-power tests would likely not find anything. If the unit is able to turn on and lights are lit on the front display, but the unit is not making any output, you can try to unplug the current feedback device at the output stud to see if the output comes back on, but this will likely come down to an issue with the PC1 control board. The list price for this board is currently $786.34.

Comment

Working...
          X