X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7014 vs 7018 on the farm

Cyanotic would be more appropriate.

Comment

Shoot, I share my little mystery and all I get is abuse! I guess I'll keep my Bigfoot sighting and the alien abduction story to myself . . .

Couldn't find a suitable empty glass jar and lid today or I'd have tried the experiment. (But maybe now I won't share that either . . . I'll tell 'em where to put their bags of dessicant, grumble, grumble!!).
      Last edited by old jupiter; 09-11-2015, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Maybe you've discovered the secret process to turn DOT 3 into DOT 5. Modern alchemy.---Meltedmetal
        ---Meltedmetal

Comment

7014 vs 7018 on the farm

I think we should get back to talking about stuff blowing up.

Comment

Sure. Take your O/A torch set to an outboard hydroplane race, and have somebody give you a cracked 2-stroke expansion chamber to weld up, one that's been on an engine running in a methanol class for a good while, and has a substantial coating of castor oil and other gunk all over the insides . . . when the gunk vaporizes and ignites, well, it can get immediate attention all over the pits.

What was this thread about?

Comment

7014 vs 7018 on the farm

Well when you use all then big scientific words and all...

Comment

What _is_ the statute of limitations on welding related blow-up stories?

At one airport we were seeing how far we could lob potatoes. This was somewhere in 1980 or so. If course, as a rocket scientist drop-out I knew that acetylene and oxygen have a rather high specific impulse.

The potatoes went pretty far, but remained sub-sonic.

Comment

Working...
                X