Redesigned 252

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redesigned 252

Sooooo, Mr. Miller has redesigned the 141 through 211 Millermatics, anyone have any thoughts on if the 252 is also in line for a redesign? I'd like to upgrade from my 211 to a 252 but I don't need it today and am willing to wait for as much as a year or so if it looks like a 252 redesign is in the works. Thanks.
    Last edited by BlownC6Z; 08-31-2015, 02:59 PM.

Originally posted by BlownC6Z View Post
    Sooooo, Mr. Miller has redesigned the 141 through 211 Millermatics, anyone have any thoughts on if the 252 is also in line for a redesign? I'm like to upgrade from my 211 to a 252 but I don't need today and am willing to wait for as much as a year or so if it looks like a 252 redesign is in the works. Thanks.
    There have been 6 major revisions of the MM252....

http://www.millerwelds.com/service/l...&submit=Search

They don't always make an announcement when they incorporate substantial improvements,,, they usually just revise the manual...

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

bought 1 a year or so, ago, best welder on the market for the size, not sure if it can be improved, mayby move the on/off switch, but for welding, cant be beat, why wait

Comment

small annoyance in the way they introduced the NEW 211

Same name but completely different machine?

At least they could have called it "MM211 Plus"

Anyhoo- always hard to tell the future and if the new version will actually be an improvement worth the added $ because it will definitely NOT be cheaper.
        Ed Conley
        http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
        MM252
        MM211
        Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
        TA185
        Miller 125c Plasma 120v
        O/A set
        SO 2020 Bender
        You can call me Bacchus

Comment

I could think of quite a few ways to redesign the MM252. There are quirks I don't like but it welds fine and zero problems. But there are things I hate about it. But just my thoughts...Bob
          Bob Wright

Comment

Redesigned 252

I was looking at my Crystal ball earlier and asked this exact question. It's said, "BlownC6Z should buy a MM252 immediately." Weird, I know.

Comment

Thanks for your thoughts guys. Lots of pros around here that have close relationships with their LWS, just thought someone might have had a peek at what Miller has behind the curtain.

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
              I was looking at my Crystal ball earlier and asked this exact question. It's said, "BlownC6Z should buy a MM252 immediately." Weird, I know.
              I like your crystal ball!!

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post

Where you located

Comment

Redesigned 252

I am in Beaumont, Texas. That's about 90 miles east of Houston.

But you can't borrow my crystal ball.

Sorry.

Comment

How much you want for your welder

Comment

Redesigned 252

Uh...what?

Comment

Maybe I'm mixed up I thought in an earlier post you told the other guy to come buy your welder

Comment

Never mind read it wrong just re read it sorry

Comment

Originally posted by kevin View Post
                            bought 1 a year or so, ago, best welder on the market for the size, not sure if it can be improved, mayby move the on/off switch, but for welding, cant be beat, why wait
                            Yes, the on/off switch is in an out of the way place but once you get used to it, it's not an issue.

I bought a 252 last year and it's been a wonderful unit. I like the way that they angled the torch downward so that it's less likely to be damaged. The rest of the machine is just the way it should be for me, anyway. It's a heck of a machine with lots of power to do the heavy jobs.
                            Miller Syncrowave 200
                            Milermatic 252
                            Lincoln AC/DC "Tombstone"

Comment

Working...
                            X