Clear All

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    thunderbolt 225

What's the part number?

Leave a comment:

• Meltedmetal
    replied
    Before you buy a new one, is it possible to clean up the contacts in the old one & maybe bend them for a little more tension?---Meltedmetal

Leave a comment:

• shinnyboots65
    replied
    thunderbolt 225

hey again I want to thank everyone for their input I found the switch and going to order it next week its 102.00 plus shipping but that's a heck of a lot cheaper than a new welder

Leave a comment:

• kevin
    replied
    thats usually the first thing that goes on those welders

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    thunderbolt 225

So no flux capacitor or electrical skookum drives? That's good. Glad you got it figured out. I had a switch break on a run of the mill lincoln stick machine break years back. It was obvious what it was, so I just had the LWS order it. Dadgum thing was $35 and when it came in, it was nothing more than the same dern thing I could've picked up at a hardware store for $5. If that much! Dang vultures.

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied
    Outstanding! If you need to buy a new switch look at Miller4less.com

just enter the part number from your parts list.

Leave a comment:

• shinnyboots65
    replied
    thunderbolt 225

hey gentlemen found it . it is the switch that changes the voltage on the front my nephew came down and after a lot checking and tightening we got to fooling with the voltage switch and got it arc so I figured I would replace and that will cure my problem I wish to thank everyone for their response the advice was a great help

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied
    Good luck. We're waiting to see how you make out.

Leave a comment:

• shinnyboots65
    replied
    thunderbolt 225

well I found a wiring diagram for the ac/dc 230 volts so im fixin to go see if I can trace this problem down like everyone has said this aint nuclear fusion will let u know what I find and again thanks people

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    thunderbolt 225

I would absolutely love to have 460v out in the shop. That would totally rock.

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied
    Really need the info from the data plate. The manual shows a 460-volt version that is not adaptable to 230 v. Hope that's not the problem-not many of us have 460 in the garage!

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    thunderbolt 225

Ya, you're probably right. Nothing near the nuclear fusion or atom smashing level of difficulty. The only machine like that that I've ever seen fail (I'm sure there are others, so don't anyone go beating me up), did so because of mechanic damage. Seems like it got backed over by a forklift or something. So, unless he's a really bad forklift driver, I think we can help him at least determine if it's a salvageable piece of equipment.

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied
    Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
    My machine is a lot older than that one, which is probably why it still works. Even so, can't be a whole lot of things to check in there. I could be wrong though. Yours might have a miniature nuclear reactor inside.
    Lol, All of the machines addressed by the manual related to that ser no are very simple. One has 115/230 jumpering capability inside and there are overall about 5 or 6 variations of the wiring diagram. But, all are transformer with movable coupling for current adjust, power and polarity switches, a (thankfully!) non-nuclear reactor 👍, and some diodes and caps. I sure hope we can help shinnyboots65 fix this long distance without getting ripped off again. Hope it's nothing serious.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    thunderbolt 225

My machine is a lot older than that one, which is probably why it still works. Even so, can't be a whole lot of things to check in there. I could be wrong though. Yours might have a miniature nuclear reactor inside.

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied
    Looked at the manual-Going to need a photo of or all the info from the model/ serial number plate. There are multiple versions covered by this manual with diff connections inside. Could not find any info online from the stock number.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X