Aluminum/Dynasty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hawk

Haven`t opened the case yet due to schedule, but my leak has to be internal. If my guess is correct the gas valve should be closed until it is powered up so I would think a leak would show up with the power chord disconnected. I loose pressure no matter what. I have eliminated the regulator by both swaping it out for a proven one and checking both on another machine. I have checked all external connections with leak detector spray on both ends of the machine. This doesn`t leave many options. This is the ONLY glitch I see in this welder and I aam sure it is only a loose connection or something.
    I appreciate your concern for my safety and assure you I will observe caution.It has been unplugged for three days and I have no intention to have power to it with the sheet metal removed.

p/s thanks for your time, I value your opinion!
    Regency 200 w/30A
    Dynasty 200 dx
    Esab 875 plasma
    MM350-P w/30A

Comment

wheels,

Call Dave Fisher at Miller. Just dial 1 800 4 a Miller and ask to be transferred to applications for tig. Dave is a super nice guy and will be more than glad to take time to help you find the problem.
      Good luck and tell Dave Wes says hi.

Comment

Wiil do Hawk. Thanks
        Regency 200 w/30A
        Dynasty 200 dx
        Esab 875 plasma
        MM350-P w/30A

Comment

Problem Solved!!

I didnt want to bother Dave at this hour so I removed the cover and found a loose connection . The rubber gas hose runs through the case to a threaded brass fitting connected to the gas valve. The fitting was loose . A 5/8 wrench and 1/4 turn and all is well! By the way the gas solenoid seems to be plastic so if anyone has a problem of this nature it would be wise to use caution not to overtighten and risk cracking the valve.

Once again THANKS for the help Mike
          Regency 200 w/30A
          Dynasty 200 dx
          Esab 875 plasma
          MM350-P w/30A

Comment

Gentec by Smith

wheels,

Great! Those little things can be annoying and frustrating. My dealer tool back my Victor Medalist regulator/flowmeter and gave me a really nice 0-60PSI Gentec regulator/flowmeter. It is of great quality and made by Smith. I turned off the flowmeter and opened the tank valve pressurizing the regulator. I then turned the tank off leaving pressure on the regulator. 48 (FORTY-EIGHT) hours later there was absolutely no leak off. I had a bad flowmeter combo.

While I was there I picked up a saftey cap enclosure and installed on my 300CF Helium/Argon tank. If the tank were ever to fall, the flowmeter would be a loss, the concrete floor would probably crack, but the tank would not be a missle in route!

Comment

Working...
            X