X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tryagn5
    replied
    Originally posted by josgraha View Post
    Just wanted to see if anyone has tried to use a carbon arc gouger on a Dynasty 700 machine. I just picked one up from Airgas(Radnor) and I wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions on setting it up or any recommendations in general. No I'm not a nube and yes I have used one in case anyone wanted to touch on that one.
    Lets see says your not a nube but dont know how to setup an airarc. Thus your a nube..at least at this process...so setup. Turn machine to stick..ie cc. For 1/4 inch carbons i like 250 amps. Air arc torch connects to postive output connector. Ground stays ground. Now for air pressure...unless u enjoy being burned keep air psi between 60-90 psi. Remember on curved object molten metal then to follow the patch of the gouge...so if you hit the air and it blows back put a deflector in or your getting burned. Also air arc like lots of air. 15cfm compressor with big tank is mininium.
    Kevin

Leave a comment:

• josgraha
    started a topic Carbon Arc Gouging on a Dynasty 700

Carbon Arc Gouging on a Dynasty 700

Just wanted to see if anyone has tried to use a carbon arc gouger on a Dynasty 700 machine. I just picked one up from Airgas(Radnor) and I wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions on setting it up or any recommendations in general. No I'm not a nube and yes I have used one in case anyone wanted to touch on that one.
Working...
X