Carbon Arc Gouging on a Dynasty 700

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carbon Arc Gouging on a Dynasty 700

Just wanted to see if anyone has tried to use a carbon arc gouger on a Dynasty 700 machine. I just picked one up from Airgas(Radnor) and I wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions on setting it up or any recommendations in general. No I'm not a nube and yes I have used one in case anyone wanted to touch on that one.

Originally posted by josgraha View Post
    Just wanted to see if anyone has tried to use a carbon arc gouger on a Dynasty 700 machine. I just picked one up from Airgas(Radnor) and I wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions on setting it up or any recommendations in general. No I'm not a nube and yes I have used one in case anyone wanted to touch on that one.
    Lets see says your not a nube but dont know how to setup an airarc. Thus your a nube..at least at this process...so setup. Turn machine to stick..ie cc. For 1/4 inch carbons i like 250 amps. Air arc torch connects to postive output connector. Ground stays ground. Now for air pressure...unless u enjoy being burned keep air psi between 60-90 psi. Remember on curved object molten metal then to follow the patch of the gouge...so if you hit the air and it blows back put a deflector in or your getting burned. Also air arc like lots of air. 15cfm compressor with big tank is mininium.
    Kevin
    Lincoln ranger 305g x2
    Ln25
    Miller spectrum 625
    Miller 30a spoolgun
    Wc115a
    Lincoln 210mp
    F550 imt service truck

Comment

Working...
    X