Help project almost done for elk hunt welder broked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help project almost done for elk hunt welder broked

Been building an aluminum ElK trailer to tow behind my mountain bike. I am almost finished and leave for a scout trip friday morning. Last night I just finished a weld and went to start a new weld, and the high freq would work when I was close but no gas and no welding. I checked my argon bottle and seen it was on zero. Changed the bottle out today thinking I was just out of gas. Once I got set back up again the welder will not turn the gas on and initiate a weld. I do get the high freq and I can get the gas to turn on if I switch from tig to stick it turns on for a few seconds. I changed tungston and my torch tip. I ohmed and cleaned connections on both ends of my torch and ground. both ohm out at 0.2 ohms. I checked every pin in my foot pedal and between two different sets of two I get an ohm change from 0.9 up above 500. Using a Fluke 115. I have 244 v going into the machine. Its a miller 180 sd syncrowave. Anything else I can try?

Did you try bashing it with a hammer or something hard and heavy? I tend to do that to my stuff when it doesn't act right. Shows them who's boss around the shop.

Comment

Victorian beard splitter

nope not my style. I have the patience of a Victorian beard splitter. I will try and try and try. the Victorian beard splitter never quits. Although at this point I dont think im going to be able to fix this and finish my project before tomorrow night. I did find out it will still arc weld. and I have checked my foot pedal control now about 7 times.

Comment

Originally posted by dukie1877 View Post
        nope not my style. I have the patience of a Victorian beard splitter. I will try and try and try. the Victorian beard splitter never quits. Although at this point I dont think im going to be able to fix this and finish my project before tomorrow night. I did find out it will still arc weld. and I have checked my foot pedal control now about 7 times.
        Really??... we don't need that here..

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
        Dynasty 200DX
        Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
        Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Oh I don't mean to say you should quit, not my style either. Like I tell my crew at work, "the beatings will continue until morale improves around here."

Comment

What's a Victorian beard splitter anyway?

Comment

Yup...nevermind.

Comment

Working...
              X