Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miller Syncrowave 350

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Miller Syncrowave 350

    So I just recently purchased a older Syncrowave 350 for 300$. I'm just trying to get a grasp on what I need to do to get it powered up at my shop.Ill most likely just be welding small things as I am new to tig welding.So far I know I have 200 amp Service to the shop. My welder does not have PFC. It needs a disconnect with preferably a 200 amp fuse.I've been reading on other forums and seen people do it in a variety of ways.Would someone please help explain how to go about this. If you're going to say talk to an electrician, don't worry I already got that in mind. I got as far as I set jumpers to 230v, hook it up to a disconnect, then where does the disconnect wire to?SN: KB100192Stock: 902976

  • #2
    Originally posted by aero1310 View Post
    So I just recently purchased a older Syncrowave 350 for 300$. I'm just trying to get a grasp on what I need to do to get it powered up at my shop.Ill most likely just be welding small things as I am new to tig welding.So far I know I have 200 amp Service to the shop. My welder does not have PFC. It needs a disconnect with preferably a 200 amp fuse.I've been reading on other forums and seen people do it in a variety of ways.Would someone please help explain how to go about this. If you're going to say talk to an electrician, don't worry I already got that in mind. I got as far as I set jumpers to 230v, hook it up to a disconnect, then where does the disconnect wire to?SN: KB100192Stock: 902976
    Welcome Aboard

    Here is a link to download your manual

    http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o352e_mil.pdf

    it has all the link jumpering and hookup info...

    This welder wants to see 130amps @ 240vac 1ph for full output (without PFC)
    Last edited by H80N; 08-15-2015, 08:02 AM.
    .

    *******************************************
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

    “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

    Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

    My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

    TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by aero1310 View Post
      So I just recently purchased a older Syncrowave 350 for 300$. I'm just trying to get a grasp on what I need to do to get it powered up at my shop.Ill most likely just be welding small things as I am new to tig welding.So far I know I have 200 amp Service to the shop. My welder does not have PFC. It needs a disconnect with preferably a 200 amp fuse.I've been reading on other forums and seen people do it in a variety of ways.Would someone please help explain how to go about this. If you're going to say talk to an electrician, don't worry I already got that in mind. I got as far as I set jumpers to 230v, hook it up to a disconnect, then where does the disconnect wire to?SN: KB100192Stock: 902976

      Disconnect wires to fuse panel. Welder to dissconnect. Distance to fuse panel will determine wire size. If it were me i would wire it to fuse panel with an 100amp breaker.
      Kevin
      Lincoln ranger 305g x2
      Ln25
      Miller spectrum 625
      Miller 30a spoolgun
      Wc115a
      Lincoln 210mp
      F550 imt service truck

      Comment


      • #4
        how'd you score a syncrowave 350 for $300? I'll give you $350 and a six pack of crappy beer for it right now...

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
          how'd you score a syncrowave 350 for $300? I'll give you $350 and a six pack of crappy beer for it right now...

          I like how ryanjones thinks!

          ja
          sigpic

          Dynasty 200 DX
          Millermatic 350P
          30A Spoolgun
          Lincoln Pro Mig 140
          Hypertherm Powermax 30
          14" Rage Evolution dry saw
          40 ton press brake
          Evenheat Heat treat oven

          1x42 / 4x48 belt grinder

          Comment


          • #6
            But its probably worth a good 6- pack. Where you located?
            sigpic

            Dynasty 200 DX
            Millermatic 350P
            30A Spoolgun
            Lincoln Pro Mig 140
            Hypertherm Powermax 30
            14" Rage Evolution dry saw
            40 ton press brake
            Evenheat Heat treat oven

            1x42 / 4x48 belt grinder

            Comment


            • #7
              Beaumont, TX.

              And I give in...$350 and a six pack of good beer.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
                Beaumont, TX.

                And I give in...$350 and a six pack of good beer.
                Forgot the name of the Texas rice beer that had the puzzles on the inside of the bottlecaps...
                .

                *******************************************
                The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

                “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

                Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

                My Blue Stuff:
                Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                Dynasty 200DX
                Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
                Millermatic 200

                TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

                Comment


                • #9
                  Miller Syncrowave 350

                  LoneStar did it, pearl beer did it, probably a few others. Pearl has been out of business since before I was legal though. They had a brewery here in Beaumont, which may be why they went tits up. Probably couldn't get anyone to come to work. Seems like a popular theme here.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
                    LoneStar did it, pearl beer did it, probably a few others. Pearl has been out of business since before I was legal though. They had a brewery here in Beaumont, which may be why they went tits up. Probably couldn't get anyone to come to work. Seems like a popular theme here.
                    AHA... It was Pearl...!!!

                    I lived in NM for many years...

                    and while not gourmet/boutique beer...

                    an Ice cold Pearl on 100+ deg summer afternoon... hit the spot...
                    .

                    *******************************************
                    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

                    “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

                    Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

                    My Blue Stuff:
                    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                    Dynasty 200DX
                    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
                    Millermatic 200

                    TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Miller Syncrowave 350

                      I have an old pearl beer wall mounted bottle opener I managed to scrounge up. I still use it. Send you a picture of it when I get back to the shop.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Pearl beer opener...popping the top on a leinenkugel's...
                        Attached Files

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Back again. Yeah I got lucky. The person that owned it wanted a new one so here I am lol.

                          So I went and bought a 100amp breaker for the time being. I wired up the red and black to the breaker, white to common, and green to ground as I learned from my research. Got everything hooked up. It turns on but doesn't weld.

                          When I press down on the mode switch, a buzzing noise sounds. Like some kind of alarm...

                          After looking at it closer I noticed the black wire is not connected to anything inside the machine.. is that normal? The red and white are hooked up and green to ground.

                          This machine was set for 480v previously, i set it to 230v.

                          Ill upload pictures later.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Miller Syncrowave 350

                            Did you look in your manual at the wiring diagram? It should give you the correct wiring schematic for both ends of the input power.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              All Im getting from the circuit diagram is there is 2 hot wires and a ground. The 4th wire is not used?

                              In the attachment you can see the black wire has a cap on it. In the fuse panel I have the black and red hooked up to the breaker as the hot wires. White goes to common and green to ground.

                              From what I understand at the moment is right now the machine is just under powered at 115v (hopefully I didn't fry anything.) All I have to do is switch the black wire with the white wire and put a cap on the black wire in the fuse box?

                              Think that should do the trick? I just want to make sure only three wires are being used.
                              Attached Files

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X