MM251 help 04 code and ground cable issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MM251 help 04 code and ground cable issue

So I run a miller 251 in my shop. was welding fine then after a lunch it started acting up. both the Ground and the Torch have power running through them at all times. when the machine is turned on attaching the ground to the work piece Causes the gas solenoid to click, there are faint sparks, and wire feeds very slowly. thing happens when I touch a stuck out piece of wire from the torch to the work piece with out the ground.

Any Ideas?

Originally posted by timberfab View Post
    So I run a miller 251 in my shop. was welding fine then after a lunch it started acting up. both the Ground and the Torch have power running through them at all times. when the machine is turned on attaching the ground to the work piece Causes the gas solenoid to click, there are faint sparks, and wire feeds very slowly. thing happens when I touch a stuck out piece of wire from the torch to the work piece with out the ground.

Any Ideas?

Unplug the gun from the machine. Then connect your ground to work piece. Turn machine back on. See if it causes the gas solenoid to energize. Could just be a gun issue- or a bad board inside machine if issues still abound.

Comment

so here was the problem a piece of mechanics wire that poked in the plug of my grinder and the extension cord. the mechanics wire was touching the table top. back feeding power through the ground into the welder.

Comment

Geeze. It never ceases to amaze me what can and will go wrong. Glad you got it figured out.

Comment

Working...
        X