X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAWK
    replied
    pjseaman,

No. The MM210 maximum voltage output is arund 25 volts. It does not have enough voltage behind it to spray with 75/25. Also the 75/25 Ar/CO2 mix is not designed for spray. Add another 5% to 10% argon and it will be more suited to spray transfer. I have sprayed with 75/25, but your really must have the higher CV output to do it. It will start into the spray mode around 36-38 volts. One of the hotter gases is your best bet.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Seaman
    replied
    Seems that the hotter gasses are used for this, can it be done with the 75/25 mix on the mm210?

Leave a comment:

• HAWK
    replied
    Dan,

Thanks for the reply. Shane will be happy to hear that. Do you have any pictures of sprayed beads to post?

Leave a comment:

• Danny
    replied
    Hawk,

I ve tried 85 argon/ 15 Co2, 90 argon/ 10 co2, and 98 argon/ 2oxy. 98/2 by far produces the best results.

In spray transfer mode, the MM 210 is capable of producing single pass fillets on 1/4". To do this, I run the machine on tap #7 and around 62 to 65 on the wire speed. BTW, this is with an .035 E70S-6. With an .030 E70S-6 you still use tap #7 and about 80 to 82 on the wire speed. Ive had meters hooked up to my machine, and at these settings the machine is out putting around 205 amps and 24.5 to 25.2 volts. So, keep in mind that the MM 210 is a light duty spray transfer machine, because to produce spray you have to run the machine near its maximum output. So, a person needs to pace themselves so that duty cycle doesn t become an issue. Now, I realize that the duty cycle that Miller gives there machines is very conservative, because i ve done some pretty serious spray sessions with my machine, and the machine wasn t blowing warm air out of it. However, i am currently in the process of possibly stepping up to a MM 251 so that i am not so hard on my MM 210.I was just running a MM 251 yesterday with 90/10, and it had no problem producing a very high energy spray on 1/4" steel.

Leave a comment:

• HAWK
    started a topic Spray Arc with the MM210

Spray Arc with the MM210

To all,

I made mention of spray arc and explained it in the post "keeping things square". shane7207 is interested in the process and I believe he has a MM210. I recall a post or 2 regarding spray with this machine. Anybody out here want to tell us what gas mix you have found effective for spray transfer with this machine.

Please reply here and/or to the "keeping things square post" as this is where shane7207 originally posted.

Thank You
Working...
X