Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HAWK
    JWELD,

The Vintage is no longer a current offering for Miller. It is a pulsed GMAW all in one power source producing 200 amps at 60 percent and capable of welding 1/2" steel in a single pass. Yes, it will do spray arc just fine. I believe I would choose the 98% argon / 2% oxygen and that way you will have it if you decide to try a gas- shielded stainless wire. The Vintage will probably spray with 92% argon / 8% ccarbon dioxide, but the 98/2 will be hotter and a more versatile choice. My guess is your have access to roughly 28-30 volts with the Vintage power source.
    Hawk forgot to mention that it puts out 250 amps @40% Duty Cycle; not too shabby!

Comment

Cope,

Thanks! I wonder why Miller discontinued this machine? They also ditched the 252 Tapped Slope machine. There are 2 great GMAW machines gone from the product line.

Comment

Cope,

Thanks! I wonder why Miller discontinued this machine? They also ditched the 252 Tapped Slope machine. There are 2 great GMAW machines gone from the product line.
        I guess something always has to be moved aside in the name of progress but why the Venture?

I know where there may be a new Vintage for $1419.00. Roberts Oxygen has had one listed on their website for awhile.

http://www.robertsoxygen.com/htmlfiles/saleitems2.html

If my PowCon died that's the first machine I would try to find. Plenty of MM251s around.

Comment

JWELD,

The Vintage is no longer a current offering for Miller. It is a pulsed GMAW all in one power source producing 200 amps at 60 percent and capable of welding 1/2" steel in a single pass.
          ================================================== ======

The Vintage was NOT a pulse machine. It was the bigger brother to the MM210 with the same type of Tapped transformer control. It never had the provisions to do pulse mig as that would need a solid state or inverter unit. The Vintage is old school tranformer/rectifier. A great machine....We just have too many units in or near that product size and with the new solid state digital units like the 251, sales of the Vintage have been fair at best.

Thanks.
          Andy

Comment

A-,

My mistake. That was a late night post.

H-

Comment

Working...
            X