wearbars on extendable hoe for Caterpillar 436

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wearbars on extendable hoe for Caterpillar 436

The wear bars on this extendable hoe on the bottom side are worn off need to replace bars what would be a good rod to use. This would be an overhead weld. Beside extending the hoe all the way and cleaning the grease.

This will be removing the old bars and replacing with new bars. looks to be 1/4 carbon steel 6" or 8" square tubes and the flat bar is 3/16"or 1/4" X 1 1/4" Brass trying to fine a parts list.

I was wondering filler material and witch would be better stick, or mig for this repair and any tips.
    Last edited by GNLWelder; 08-08-2015, 09:19 AM.
    SMAW, GMAW, GTAW, FCAW
    ALL POISTIONS
    USN HT2 RET

wearbars on extendable hoe for Caterpillar 436

Question ?....why would it be an overhead jod...extend the boom out and tip the bucket unless the hydros are not working....adamweld would be a good person to ask

Comment

I was reading on some equipment forums an their saying to replace all of the bars right need to separate the tubes.
      SMAW, GMAW, GTAW, FCAW
      ALL POISTIONS
      USN HT2 RET

Comment

Either way, I don't think you'll be WELDING brass to steel - more like BRAZING -

http://www.migweld.de/english/servic...a-brazing.html

http://store.cyberweld.com/haersibrmigw.html

You'll need U-groove drive rolls, same as aluminum... Steve

Comment

It has been years since I have worked on a 436. If I remember right there is no welding . You split the tubes apart and they set in a pocket. Take a good look at it. I would put money on it that they are not welded in. Just my opinion as it has been many years since I have seen one of those. They sort of became obsolete with advent of mini excavators.

Comment

Originally posted by kerr74 View Post
            Question ?....why would it be an overhead jod...extend the boom out and tip the bucket unless the hydros are not working....adamweld would be a good person to ask
            Need pics???Don,t fully understand what your trying to do..
            BB402D
            TB300D
            DIMENSION652
            MM250X
            MAXSTAR140
            S-32 FEEDER W/1260 IRONMATE FC/GUN
            HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

Comment

Working...
            X