No announcement yet.

Dynasty 210?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very cool stuff coming from Miller. Once miller can make the dynasty 350 the same size as dyn 280, ill sell my 350 and upgrade.

non the less, always happy to see the progression of their welders. keep up the good work.

Comment

This machine excites the heck out of me!!
      I shows the Miller tig team is doing a GREAT job IMO. Way to go Andrew Pfaller and crew!
      As far as I can tell this machine has a lot of features taken from the 280. Maybe more than the old 200. That is why you have such a high duty cycle. And the receptacle for a cooler (finally!!)
      Tough choice now between a 280 or a 210 Dynasty. One has 125v capability and the other has more amps. Both have the expansion card option! Sheesh!
      I have the 700,350,280,and the 200 in the shop at this time. They all have their strong points IMO. They all have a slightly different arc IMO. But the 280 is just super sweet. It has an arc start like nothing else.
      I LOVE to split the 2 sides of the arc. As some of you know I weld a LOT of cast aluminum. Its all dirty.
      My favorite setting at the moment (for nasty cast) is simply....
      + side on sine
      - side on soft square
      72 balance
      60 frequency
      Nothing fancy just lots of etching and really gooey. Easy to keep the porosity under control on the toes. If you use the expansion card, you can get WAY crazy on settings with this machine!
      If the 210 welds like the 280....I want one....flat out plain truth.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
      Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
      MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
      Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
      Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
      Miller 30-A Spoolgun
      Miller WC-115-A
      Miller Spectrum 300
      Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
      Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

Originally posted by FusionKing View Post
        I shows the Miller tig team is doing a GREAT job IMO. Way to go Andrew Pfaller and crew!
        As far as I can tell this machine has a lot of features taken from the 280. Maybe more than the old 200. That is why you have such a high duty cycle. And the receptacle for a cooler (finally!!)
        Tough choice now between a 280 or a 210 Dynasty. One has 125v capability and the other has more amps. Both have the expansion card option! Sheesh!
        I have the 700,350,280,and the 200 in the shop at this time. They all have their strong points IMO. They all have a slightly different arc IMO. But the 280 is just super sweet. It has an arc start like nothing else.
        I LOVE to split the 2 sides of the arc. As some of you know I weld a LOT of cast aluminum. Its all dirty.
        + side on sine
        - side on soft square
        72 balance
        60 frequency
        Nothing fancy just lots of etching and really gooey. Easy to keep the porosity under control on the toes. If you use the expansion card, you can get WAY crazy on settings with this machine!
        Time for a group purchase!!
        HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
        HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
        HTP Pro Pulse 200 MIG x2
        HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS
        HTP Inverarc 200 TLP water cooled
        HTP Microcut 875SC

Comment

I'm in the market for a new machine and the Dynasty 210 DX is pretty much exactly what I'm looking for, so this comes at a perfect time for me. Is there such thing as group buys or promotional discounts for new machines? I'm just asking because I've never bought a welder 'new' before, and I just want to make sure I don't jump the gun and pay full retail and miss out on a great deal (if there is ever such a thing).
          Last edited by SuedePflow; 08-25-2015, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Side by side comparo

+ side on sine
            - side on soft square

72 balance
            60 frequency
            I would love to see an in depth comparison between

a fully optioned Dynasty 210DX vs the Dynasty 200DX....

It would give many of us current Dynasty 200DX owners a better understanding of reasons to upgrade to the 210DX... as well as valuable insight for prospective new first time buyers...

Wish they would give one to you or a guy like you who really knows these machines intimately.... to thrash and report back to the rest of us... a video would be very cool... am particularly interested in the "Split-Waveshape" feature...

Why do I have the feeling that a bunch of the Dynasty 200DX models are going to hit the used market soon..??...
            Last edited by H80N; 08-26-2015, 09:14 AM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
            Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
            Dynasty 200DX
            Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
            Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Originally posted by H80N View Post
              I would love to see an in depth comparison between

a fully optioned Dynasty 210DX vs the Dynasty 200DX....

It would give many of us current Dynasty 200DX owners a better understanding of reasons to upgrade to the 210DX... as well as valuable insight for prospective new first time buyers...

Wish they would give one to you or a guy like you who really knows these machines intimately.... to thrash and report back to the rest of us... a video would be very cool... am particularly interested in the "Split-Waveshape" feature...

Why do I have the feeling that a bunch of the Dynasty 200DX models are going to hit the used market soon..??...

AND... it looks like I am not the only one that would like to see a comparison...

Originally posted by Ltbadd
              Hi H80N
              I see you have a 200dx, I've been looking this and the 210dx, not a big $ difference. Are you satisfied with your 200dx?

I wish Miller's site had a compare feature, I would like to see a side by side feature list so I could easily know the difference between these two.

Richard
              The Dynasty 200DX is a phenominal machine... I cannot wait to see how the Dyn 210 improves on that...

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
              Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
              Dynasty 200DX
              Millermatic 200

Comment

the world is still waiting, LOL

http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php...=dynasty+210dx
                HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
                HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
                HTP Pro Pulse 200 MIG x2
                HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS
                HTP Inverarc 200 TLP water cooled
                HTP Microcut 875SC

Comment

I don't often move my Dynasty. I sort of wish I had gone with the 350. Although very thick aluminum can be welded using helium for a lot less than a bigger Dynasty. For one project in particular the 280DX wasn't really big enough. Made me wish I had kept the Dialarc, or found a Minnesota Dave refrigerator.
                  Dynasty 280DX
                  Bobcat 250
                  MM252
                  Spool gun
                  Twentieth Century 295
                  Twentieth Century 295 AC
                  Marquette spot welder
                  Smith torches

Comment

AND... it looks like I am not the only one that would like to see a comparison...

The Dynasty 200DX is a phenominal machine... I cannot wait to see how the Dyn 210 improves on that...
                    So has it improved on the 200 besides bells and whistle's?

Comment

Here are a few videos on the Dynasty 210DX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqETtmja5Zc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b3W...QluHwV-vxD5TzY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75OkHZP7ZEw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpBdfuXdUJc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPFfstmwjQw

My Blue Stuff:
                      Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                      Dynasty 200DX
                      Millermatic 200

Comment

+ side on sine
                        - side on soft square
                        72 balance
                        60 frequency
                        It sounds like the Miller Dynasty 210 / 280 DX share the same interface... software and functions/features...

What I am most interested in are the "AC Independent" Waveform & Amplitude functions.... advantages and application specifics...

Unfortunately... I am not finding much more on it....

Memory Card Expansion
                        #301 235 Independent AC Expansion
                        Allows EP and EN amperages and waveforms to
                        be set independently to precisely control heat
                        input to the work and electrode

I did find some pretty decent overview of the interface & menus here though...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME7j...p0MOzcjw1CVgcM

Last edited by H80N; 03-18-2016, 05:52 PM.

My Blue Stuff:
                        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                        Dynasty 200DX
                        Millermatic 200

Comment

It sounds like the Miller Dynasty 210 / 280 DX share the same interface... software and functions/features...

What I am most interested in are the "AC Independent" Waveform & Amplitude functions.... advantages and application specifics...

Unfortunately... I am not finding much more on it....

Memory Card Expansion
                          #301 235 Independent AC Expansion
                          Allows EP and EN amperages and waveforms to
                          be set independently to precisely control heat
                          input to the work and electrode

I did find some pretty decent overview of the interface & menus here though...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME7j...p0MOzcjw1CVgcM

I was really hoping that FusionKing or others with experience in the AC independent functions could share their thoughts on it...

My Blue Stuff:
                          Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                          Dynasty 200DX
                          Millermatic 200

Comment

Working...
                          X