Bobcat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobcat

I live where the temp is around 100degrees in the summer. I use a Bobcat that is about 3 years old. A fellow welder told me I should open the hood and take off the side panels in this heat. I cannot find anything on this in the manual. Can anyone help me on this? Steve

I have a Miller Bobcat 225 that I use pretty often in this hot Tennessee weather and so far no problems. I don't see where it would hurt to open up the panels and let it breath. I have even noticed some bobcats without side panels on farm trucks.

Comment

All the external sheet metal & louvers are designed to conduct proper air flow.
      Miller Trailblazer's ( 2 )...MillerBobcat 250...Millermatic 251's ( 2 )...Miller Syncrowave 200...Miller Syncrowave 180SD...Miller 12VS Suitcases ( 2 )... Hobart Hefty CC/CV Suitcases ( 2 )...Miller 30A Spool Guns ( 2 )...Miller WC 15A Control boxes ( 2 )...Thermo Dynamics Cutmaster 50 Plasma Cutters ( 2 )...Thermo Arc Hi Freq Units ( 2 )...Smith / Victor O/A Sets...DeWalt Power Tools...Craftsman / Snap On Hand Tools... Two Dodge Mobile Rigs

Comment

i live in south Louisiana the temps down here hit the upper 90's with 100% humidity I never open the sides to my bobcat because I see how it's designed to pull air in one side and let it out the other. if you open the sides that will stop the airflow from going over and through the engine an generator. now at lunch when I shut it down sometimes I do open the sides an top while it's not running .the way I see it is if the bobcat can make it down here it can make it in just about any place.after every job I go through the bobcat and clean the engine and cover with 409 then I spray it down with armorall .it helps to cut down on dust buildup and also helps to keep the engine free of grease and grime that can build up.it you keep it clean it will run cooler than if you engine and working parts had a layer of grease and dust on it.i do the same for my cummines engine in my truck. another + to keeping it clean is if you do ever get an oil leak you'll spot it right away and can fix it rather than trying to wipe the dirty engine down then trying to spot a leak. my truck and my bobcat are my money makers so I make sure they keep running as they should.

Comment

I like the way you think Tommy!

Comment

Run a high quality 4 stroke motorcycle oil, and leave the doors shut for the air flow. The bike oil has the correct additives to make the engine run cooler anyways.

Comment

Bobcat

Originally posted by Steve Hill View Post
              I live where the temp is around 100degrees in the summer. I use a Bobcat that is about 3 years old. A fellow welder told me I should open the hood and take off the side panels in this heat. I cannot find anything on this in the manual. Can anyone help me on this? Steve
              Thanks guys, that is what I thought, but always like to hear it from other people. Steve

Comment

Working...
              X