engine driven welder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine driven welder

I'm looking at purchasing a new engine drive and was just curious if anyone has any input into which machines are more desirable then others.
    I will manly be stick welding pipe so would like amperage to beable to burn 1/4 at times, will also be doing some tig welding as well.
    Thanks.

engine driven welder

Love the miller machines....
    but i would consider lincoln machines if was to weld pipe all day long!

Comment

I would stick with the Millers also I have a Lincoln Air-Vantage 500 with 1800 hrs on it that is junk. I have a Miller Air-Pack that has 4900 hrs and still welds as good as the day it was new.
      Last edited by theweldor; 06-30-2015, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Vantage 300 or pipepro 350. Uphill or downhill? If downhill vantage. If mainly uphill pipepro 350, or vantage.
        Kevin
        Lincoln ranger 305g x2
        Ln25
        Miller spectrum 625
        Miller 30a spoolgun
        Wc115a
        Lincoln 210mp
        F550 imt service truck

Comment

Really the pipe pro 350 and vantage have identical technology. The shibura (cat) engine isn't particularly any better than the kubb in the V300 or V400 in the Perkins. The Miller does have a better tig program though.

The Lincoln AirPack must be set to 61.8 HZ, then it'll weld significantly better, kinda like night and day...
          Last edited by cruizer; 06-30-2015, 07:34 PM.

Comment

engine driven welder

Mostly would be uphand with small amount of downhill. Was looking into the new Lincoln sa400i as well as a 97 classic 3 with tm27.

Comment

Originally posted by Caligner View Post
              Mostly would be uphand with small amount of downhill. Was looking into the new Lincoln sa400i as well as a 97 classic 3 with tm27.
              If the classic is a gas contiental great. If its a diesel continental run...diesel contiental engines are junk. Very hard to get parts for also.
              Kevin
              Lincoln ranger 305g x2
              Ln25
              Miller spectrum 625
              Miller 30a spoolgun
              Wc115a
              Lincoln 210mp
              F550 imt service truck

Comment

If you really need to burn 1/4" rods, a 350 amp machine minimum is the class of machine to be shopping for.
                The big blue machines are nice pipe welders. As are the Lincolns.
                Lincoln Idealarc 250
                Miller Bobcat 250
                Thermal Arc Hefty 2 feeder
                Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
                Torchmate CNC table

Comment

Working...
                X