Prescription safety glasses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prescription safety glasses

I am very nearsighted, -6.0 and -5.5 are the prescriptions, Does any one make safety glasses that give the wrap around like the uvex protective glasses?

I wear contact lenses and this is a real no-no, first class way for eye infection, so contacts out glasses on. I wear polycarbonate ultra light glasses that are still 1/4" thick and heavy I'd like something like Oakley or Uvex that is light weight.

Glasses

I did a google search and found these guys..

http://www.safevision.net/safetylenses.html

They seem to have quite a few options..might try them to see if they have something to fill the bill..there are some options in wrap around there..

I have not done anything with them so cannot say yea or nay about them.

I have a pair of sports goggles ground to a prescription.Got them from a sports medicine clinic...they are polycarbonate and lite..could be worn under a hood...they are wrap around and are used by skiers and other types of athletes..they fit close enough to keep stuff out of your eyes..that may be worth a try..see a sports medicine clinic and they may be able to reccomend something..with the prescription I have I can read just fine..

Hope you find something

Grampa
    Grampa has done so much with so little now I do everything with nothing..;>)

Comment

Safety glasses

pjs,

AOS is a safety products supplier and one of our vendors. When I go to work today, I'll call the rep. Let you knw what I learn tonight.

Be well.

hankj
      ...from the Gadget Garage
      Millermatic 210 w/3035, BWE
      Handler 210 w/DP3035
      TA185TSW
      Victor O/A "J" series, SuperRange

Comment

Safety glasses

pjs,

Talked to the AOS rep. today. What was learned:

1. Not aware of any direct marketers who grind lenses. AOS sells a safety glass frame that has inserts for you to place a set of your lenses in them. Can be had at any ACE hardware store.

2. Many companies who supply safety equipment to employees have an agreement with a local optical house to grind lenses and the saftey companies then install the lense in their frames. If you know someone in AT&T or the like, maybe you can get something going there.

3. His reccommendation is that you get the whole ball of wax from an optometrist, so you'll have customer support post-purchase.

If you want to look into the insert thing and don't have a store near you, let me know - I'll work the middle.

Be well.

hankj
        ...from the Gadget Garage
        Millermatic 210 w/3035, BWE
        Handler 210 w/DP3035
        TA185TSW
        Victor O/A "J" series, SuperRange

Comment

Hank: thanks for the offer and the info. Today I am going to the comercial optical shop to see if the can do the typr without the inserts, they get so heavy and my leses are even thick in polycarb. I'll let you know what I find out thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X