Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just got the new Miller plasma Xtreme 375. what's your thoughts.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Just got the new Miller plasma Xtreme 375. what's your thoughts.

    So far great.

  • #2
    Originally posted by BUDDY JR View Post
    So far great.
    Just dont use a hypertherm, if you do u will wish u had bought it in the first place. With that said i have been very pleased with my spectrum 625 but i bought it very cheap.
    Kevin
    Lincoln ranger 305g x2
    Ln25
    Miller spectrum 625
    Miller 30a spoolgun
    Wc115a
    Lincoln 210mp
    F550 imt service truck

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Tryagn5 View Post
      Just dont use a hypertherm, if you do u will wish u had bought it in the first place. With that said i have been very pleased with my spectrum 625 but i bought it very cheap.
      Kevin
      What is a hypertherm

      Comment


      • #4
        Hypertherm is the company that made the first commercial plasma cutting equipment (as far as I know) after some smart guys working for DoD sort of stumbled upon the rudiments of the process. Couch and Dean founded Hypertherm and made the idea practical.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by BUDDY JR View Post
          So far great.
          I think if you buy it right, it's a very good option. It's 30 amp machine, and will cut about as well as a Hypertherm, Esab, Victor. Torch is a bit large, and it really won't have a good as view of the arc as a Hypertherm 30XP, or Victor 42

          I know with a Zoro tools discount ,and Miller rebate it can be had for about $970.00 Pretty good price to performance ratio..

          There is a new Extreme 625 on Craigslist.. Excellent machine.. and way better price then you will find on a Hypetherm. It's 120/240 volt 40 amps.. Much more machine then most other 120/240 volt plasma cutters. Might be a scam, but one never knows..

          http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/tls/5084715098.html

          Comment


          • #6
            Used my 375 x yesterday, I cut 1/4" aluminum.

            take your time and it'll slice right through.

            I smile every time I use it
            MM 211 W/ Spoolgun
            Diversion 180
            Spectrum 375 X-TREME
            Portable Victor O/A
            Palmgren Bench Drill Press
            14" Evolution Dry Saw
            IR 60 Gal. 3 HP Compressor
            Speedglas 9100x
            My Brain

            Comment


            • #7
              The first commercial plasma systems (1957) were from Union Carbide (Which became L-Tec and now is Esab), then came Thermal Dynamics in 1959, then along came Hypertherm in 1968. Hypertherm was founded by Richard W Couch and Dr. Robert C Dean after doing research at Dartmouth College in Hanover NH. Today Hypertherm is the world largest manufacturer of plasma cutting equipment, is owned by its employees, and still is based in Hanover NH.
              Jim Colt, Hypertherm



              Originally posted by Aeronca41 View Post
              Hypertherm is the company that made the first commercial plasma cutting equipment (as far as I know) after some smart guys working for DoD sort of stumbled upon the rudiments of the process. Couch and Dean founded Hypertherm and made the idea practical.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jimcolt View Post
                The first commercial plasma systems (1957) were from Union Carbide (Which became L-Tec and now is Esab), then came Thermal Dynamics in 1959, then along came Hypertherm in 1968. Hypertherm was founded by Richard W Couch and Dr. Robert C Dean after doing research at Dartmouth College in Hanover NH. Today Hypertherm is the world largest manufacturer of plasma cutting equipment, is owned by its employees, and still is based in Hanover NH.
                Jim Colt, Hypertherm
                Jim, thanks very much for the more accurate info. "As far as I knew" wasn't very far!

                Comment

                Working...
                X