Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cruizer
    replied
    You have 120 off the 230 primary case going to ground. Likely a failed connection in the plug. Won't throw the breaker but it'll wake you up quickly. And the machine doesn't like it much either.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    have you downloaded the manual for your serial number MM200...

there is a schematic in the back..

http://www.millerwelds.com/service/ownersmanuals.php

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Have you taken a case to ground measurement with a meter....??

to see what potential is on the case.. if it is AC or DC... and what voltage..

as well as between the case and the legs of the input cable..
    Last edited by H80N; 06-21-2015, 07:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• IK746
    replied
    It looks like my cr1 relay is throwing a fairly long arc when the trigger is pulled any way that could be related?

Leave a comment:

• IK746
    replied
    Originally posted by H80N View Post
    is your ground/work cable properly connected to the workpiece??do you maybe have a piece of wire caught between the spool and the case?? check the backside..
    I checked the backside and I don't see any wire to case contact, it's all tight to the spool. The ground cable is attached straight to the welding table.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by IK746 View Post
    I went to use my millermatic 200 today for the first time in about a week, the wire only fed a fraction of an inch and stopped, also it looks like the case is electrified since I got a bit of a shock, even with the power switch off. I couldn't see any evidence of a short yet. Any idea where to start looking?
    is your ground/work cable properly connected to the workpiece??

do you maybe have a piece of wire caught between the spool and the case?? check the backside..

Leave a comment:

• IK746
    started a topic Millermatic 200 problem

Millermatic 200 problem

I went to use my millermatic 200 today for the first time in about a week, the wire only fed a fraction of an inch and stopped, also it looks like the case is electrified since I got a bit of a shock, even with the power switch off. I couldn't see any evidence of a short yet. Any idea where to start looking?
Working...
X