• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H80N
    replied
    PAPR Systems

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
    Your using a power vented respirator? Or a face mask. The powered ones are battery operated and are really nice to use
    PAPR's are a thousand times better than a standard face respirator...

that heavy sweaty "Darth Vader" breathing of a regular respirator is hard to take for long periods..

here is is a page to look at..
    http://www.envirosafetyproducts.com/...tors-papr.html

I have used several styles over the years at customer sites... have considered buying one for myself... they have now become more common and mainstream... but still a bit pricey @ about $1500...
    ... this one is at the top of my current WISH list...

http://www.millerwelds.com/products/...-titanium-9400
    Last edited by H80N; 06-19-2015, 11:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    Your using a power vented respirator? Or a face mask. The powered ones are battery operated and are really nice to use

Leave a comment:

• regal2800
    replied
    thats what i am doing now, but they get very uncomfortable after 10-15 min.

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    Seems simpler to wear a vented mask with the cartridge type filters as apposed to a fume sucker

Leave a comment:

• regal2800
    started a topic fume extraction dilema...

fume extraction dilema...

can anyone recommend a quality fume extraction system? Miller makes some nice units but non of them have a hepa filter which removes 99.7% of airborne particles. Miller claims it can only remove up to 95%. Problem is that when you weld SS it produces hexavalent chromium which is really only filtered with a heap filter. as i am sure many of you already know hexavalent chromium is carcinogenic. I have checked with osha and they also recommend a hepa filter when welding SS.

Lincoln mini flex is a nice little unit which includes a hepa filter but it is a little too small, i would like something on the bigger side with a higher flow rate. has anyone modified a miller extraction to accommodate a hepa filter? Any thoughts on what else is out there?
Working...
X