Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Socalwrencher
    replied
    Didn't take the float bowl off and check it. I'm not having a problem with the motor being able to rev up at the moment, ran 30 test beads yesterday and the unit performed without a problem. Still no power to the duplex plugs. 100hz outlet works fine. I can plug my light into and the motor will rev up. Is there a certain way to start this machine? Power lock off or on? Fine amperage set to? Motor starts and runs fine, just wondering if I should have settings a certain way before start up l.

Leave a comment:

• Sberry
    replied
    Did you take the float bowl off the carb? This happens all the time, start old machine, runs a little then poop. Fresh gas loosens all the varnish. Been thru it twice so far this year.

Leave a comment:

• Socalwrencher
    replied
    Hi cruizer, I don't get a measurement at the duplex receptacles. I do get 59.xx to 62.xx on the 100hz single. It wouldn't rev up tonight when I struck an arc. Any insight would be helpful. This machine is so intermittent.

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    Checking for approx 62 HZ at the 120 receptacles in "power" mode, with 100hz in "weld" mode

Leave a comment:

• Socalwrencher
    replied
    Hi cruizer, meter came in the mail yesterday, what and where am I taking measurements?
    Last edited by Socalwrencher; 06-21-2015, 02:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Socalwrencher
    replied
    Will do, I will get a meter than measures frequency.

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    There is 2 modes, one is power, in which the unit basically stays at 60 HZ, and the other is weld where the 2 auxillary don't work at all, leaving the single 100 HZ plug working. What we want to do is get a meter that reads frequency, and test both modes. Never cared for a rpm tester, cause it's not exact generator wise

Leave a comment:

• Socalwrencher
    replied
    Thanks cruizer, I have a digital snap on timing light, can I just divide by 2 to get my rpms? Also what's the delay time to come up to speed after striking an arc?

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    Low rpm is likely too low.

Leave a comment:

• Socalwrencher
    replied
    Thanks Griff,
    I have the manual and have been searching the forums. I will begin more testing this weekend. The manual has been a great help just wish the diagrams were a little clearer. Was hoping someone may have run across the same problem.

Leave a comment:

• griff01
    replied
    Originally posted by Socalwrencher View Post
    I have a new to me Legend AEAD 200 LE Serial # JK704796.

A little background on the unit.

I picked it up last week, the previous owner said it had been sitting for 2 years outside.

I got it home drained the fuel and did an oil change along with new fuel lines plugs and wires.

The unit fired right up.

I didn't have any rods to strike an arc with until yesterday. I get home with rods in hand and giver her a shot. Struck an arc and she revved up slow but made it. I laid out some beads and she kept the rpms up.

I stopped shut it off for about 20 min came back out to run some more beads and she wouldn't rev up. I kept trying and then she would kick and i was laying beads again. This welder does this off and on thing.

The solenoid does work as i can hear and see it click when i'm about to start it and when the unit revs up.

The duplex plugs in front also don't work, the single plug does work.

What could my problem be and where should i start looking

The problem seems intermittent
    I suggest downloading a free manual for your machine. Note that the receptacles on this machine are a little different, hence the need for the manual.

You will find the manual under the resources tab.

Griff

Leave a comment:

• Socalwrencher
    replied
    Thank you

Leave a comment:

• M J Mauer
    replied
    Welcome to the forum.

Leave a comment:

• Socalwrencher
    started a topic Help with a Legend AEAD 200 LE .

Help with a Legend AEAD 200 LE .

I have a new to me Legend AEAD 200 LE Serial # JK704796.

A little background on the unit.

I picked it up last week, the previous owner said it had been sitting for 2 years outside.

I got it home drained the fuel and did an oil change along with new fuel lines plugs and wires.

The unit fired right up.

I didn't have any rods to strike an arc with until yesterday. I get home with rods in hand and giver her a shot. Struck an arc and she revved up slow but made it. I laid out some beads and she kept the rpms up.

I stopped shut it off for about 20 min came back out to run some more beads and she wouldn't rev up. I kept trying and then she would kick and i was laying beads again. This welder does this off and on thing.

The solenoid does work as i can hear and see it click when i'm about to start it and when the unit revs up.

The duplex plugs in front also don't work, the single plug does work.

What could my problem be and where should i start looking

The problem seems intermittent
Working...
X