Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help fixing my millermatic 35, CR1 issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help fixing my millermatic 35, CR1 issue?

Hello, I have a 80s model black face MM35. Serial number JH180973. I have a bit of an issue. I may outline details that are not necessary but id rather give to much info than not enough. Welder has been going strong for 2 years since I got it. I upgraded to a m25 gun with a 12 foot whip when I first got it.

Now about 2 weeks ago I was welding some 1/4 plate with the heat turned up. I made a root pass then a cover, weld was about 16 inches long and mabye a inch wide. At the end of the weld the machine just stooped feeding. No gas flow either. The heat lead was hot to the touch.

I checked for continuity at the switch in the gun and it opened and closed as normal. I checked the breakers and neither were popped. I opened it up and CR1 did not light up when I hit the gun trigger. Could this be a bad breaker? What is the next direction I should take? I need my welder back! Please help lol. Thanks

Could be open/bad circuit breaker CB2, a failed control relay CR1 or failed temperature switch TP3 on the output rectifier assembly.

To check CB2, test for 24VAC at CB2 wire #2 and CR1 wire #32.

If good, check for 24VAC at CR1 wires #32 and #35 with the gun trigger pulled.

If power at CR1 coil in above test but no CR1 action, CR1 is obviously suspect.

If no power at CR1 coil in above, temperature switch TP3 is suspect.

If you don't have it, your machine manual with wiring diagram and parts break-down can be downloaded here:
    http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o1301m_mil.pdf
    MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180 SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
    *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
    *HF-251D-1
    *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
    PakMaster 100XL
    Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110
    http://www.millerwelds.com/images/sm...rolleyes.png?2

Comment

Man, I was hoping you would chime in. I will check all this out tomm and report back!

Comment

Working...
      X