Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prison Break... Plasma Cutter..??

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Prison Break... Plasma Cutter..??

    The recent break out from Dannemora Prison in NY was accomplished with the help of power tools and outside help..

    http://news.yahoo.com/latest-victims...k1XzEEc2VjA3Nj

    Maybe a confederate "Broke In" and cut through steel sewer pipe and walls with a self contained plasma cutter (built in compressor)...

    would have cut through that stuff like butter.. and could have been silenced to some degree..
    rather than really noisy saws and chisels... the cuts shown on TV looked too nice for oxy-fuel...

    https://news.yahoo.com/video/two-con...102613330.html

    some food for thought
    Last edited by H80N; 06-08-2015, 10:33 AM.
    .

    *******************************************
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

    “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

    Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

    My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

    TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

  • #2
    No problemo. Silent and still sharp enough to slice a ripe tomato.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Ginsu4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	519064

    Miller stuff:
    Dialarc 250 (1974)
    Syncrowave 250 (1992)
    Spot welder (Dayton badged)

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by H80N View Post
      The recent break out from Dannemora Prison in NY was accomplished with the help of power tools and outside help..

      http://news.yahoo.com/latest-victims...k1XzEEc2VjA3Nj

      Maybe a confederate "Broke In" and cut through steel sewer pipe and walls with a self contained plasma cutter (built in compressor)...

      would have cut through that stuff like butter.. and could have been silenced to some degree..
      rather than really noisy saws and chisels... the cuts shown on TV looked too nice for oxy-fuel...

      https://news.yahoo.com/video/two-con...102613330.html

      some food for thought



      So that's where Cruiser has been!!, used his skills to mastermind sophisticated compact welding equipment to spring these two convicts.
      sigpic

      Dynasty 200 DX
      Millermatic 350P
      30A Spoolgun
      Lincoln Pro Mig 140
      Hypertherm Powermax 30
      14" Rage Evolution dry saw
      40 ton press brake
      Evenheat Heat treat oven

      1x42 / 4x48 belt grinder

      Comment


      • #4
        Prison Break... Plasma Cutter..??

        Lol. Made me laugh after a 16 hr day

        Comment


        • #5
          What's funny is that most people will believe that and we will probably have to register our equipment from here on out.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by H80N View Post
            The recent break out from Dannemora Prison in NY was accomplished with the help of power tools and outside help..

            http://news.yahoo.com/latest-victims...k1XzEEc2VjA3Nj

            Maybe a confederate "Broke In" and cut through steel sewer pipe and walls with a self contained plasma cutter (built in compressor)...

            would have cut through that stuff like butter.. and could have been silenced to some degree..
            rather than really noisy saws and chisels... the cuts shown on TV looked too nice for oxy-fuel...

            https://news.yahoo.com/video/two-con...102613330.html

            some food for thought
            I saw the pipe cut on the news last night. Nice layout and cut.

            Griff

            Comment


            • #7
              What register? Obama will be calling for an all out ban.
              Dynasty 280DX
              Bobcat 250
              MM252
              Spool gun
              Twentieth Century 295
              Twentieth Century 295 AC
              Marquette spot welder
              Smith torches

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by DATEC View Post
                What's funny is that most people will believe that ..........
                Actually ... It is quite possible that they did use a Plasma..

                might be a reasonable conclusion from the info on the news...

                these days that would not be exotic or unusual...self contained plasma cutters are getting pretty commonplace in home shops..
                Last edited by H80N; 06-09-2015, 07:10 AM.
                .

                *******************************************
                The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

                “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

                Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

                My Blue Stuff:
                Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                Dynasty 200DX
                Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
                Millermatic 200

                TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

                Comment


                • #9
                  I better go buy one now, you have a link to one, before the panic buyers make the prices triple. I could buy a couple and sell the extras at a mad profit .

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by DATEC View Post
                    I better go buy one now, you have a link to one, before the panic buyers make the prices triple. I could buy a couple and sell the extras at a mad profit .
                    Do you live near a correctional facility?
                    Richard
                    West coast of Florida

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      16" sch. 40 pipe has a wall thickness of 1/2", my guess is that 24" pipe sch. 40 is 5/8" wall.
                      I would have a hard time believing that cut was done with a sawzall, I agree awful clean cut. I'm going with a plasma, I did not know they had self contained plasma cutters.

                      They also mentioned the welded man hole cover that was cut, I have welded them down before to keep thieves from stealing them, cutting from the bottom would be really hard.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Yea the compressor and power supply can be self contained...where are they getting their input power? They probably had a miller with the mvp system so they had more of a chance finding an outlet. This is pretty amazing though. Even if they did have a plasma cutter, I know that I would not be excited to carry my cutmaster 42 through difficult tunnels and climbs. It is in a case, but still heavy and bulky.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Cgotto6 View Post
                          Yea the compressor and power supply can be self contained...where are they getting their input power? They probably had a miller with the mvp system so they had more of a chance finding an outlet. This is pretty amazing though. Even if they did have a plasma cutter, I know that I would not be excited to carry my cutmaster 42 through difficult tunnels and climbs. It is in a case, but still heavy and bulky.
                          My guess would be something on the order of a Hypertherm Powermax30® AIR...
                          it has a built in compressor and is capable of 5/8 sever...
                          with an input of 120-240 V, 1-PH, 29-15 A... should not have been too hard to feed
                          and a weight of 13.5 kg (29.8 lbs)... not too tough to carry...
                          Wonder how plentiful maintenance outlets are in those raceways..??

                          http://www.hypertherm.com/en/Product...IR_details.jsp
                          Last edited by H80N; 06-11-2015, 08:10 AM.
                          .

                          *******************************************
                          The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

                          “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

                          Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

                          My Blue Stuff:
                          Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                          Dynasty 200DX
                          Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
                          Millermatic 200

                          TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by H80N View Post
                            My guess would be something on the order of a Hypertherm Powermax30® AIR...
                            it has a built in compressor and is capable of 5/8 sever...
                            with an input of 120-240 V, 1-PH, 29-15 A... should not have been too hard to feed
                            and a weight of 13.5 kg (29.8 lbs)... not too tough to carry...
                            Wonder how plentiful maintenance outlets are in those raceways..??

                            http://www.hypertherm.com/en/Product...IR_details.jsp


                            Wow, that's a nice little machine. Makes things easy when your not tethered to an air compressor.



                            ja
                            sigpic

                            Dynasty 200 DX
                            Millermatic 350P
                            30A Spoolgun
                            Lincoln Pro Mig 140
                            Hypertherm Powermax 30
                            14" Rage Evolution dry saw
                            40 ton press brake
                            Evenheat Heat treat oven

                            1x42 / 4x48 belt grinder

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ja baudin View Post
                              Wow, that's a nice little machine. Makes things easy when your not tethered to an air compressor.



                              ja
                              Yeah, looks hella nice. One of those running off a decent generator, a good AC/DC TIG, a MIG/stick welder, a drill-press, and a chopsaw and you got yourself a portable machine shop!
                              HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
                              HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
                              HTP Pro Pulse 200 MIG x2
                              HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS
                              HTP Inverarc 200 TLP water cooled
                              HTP Microcut 875SC

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X