Millermatic 350 will not turn on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millermatic 350 will not turn on.

Bought a Millermatic 350" w/o pulse " powered up fine during testing at sellers get it back to my shop and get it hooked back up and flip the switch and no power. I did have to open the side cover when I got it to the shop and change it over to 230v. I do have power going to the transformer in the back of the machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by Jrodfftch View Post
    Bought a Millermatic 350" w/o pulse " powered up fine during testing at sellers get it back to my shop and get it hooked back up and flip the switch and no power. I did have to open the side cover when I got it to the shop and change it over to 230v. I do have power going to the transformer in the back of the machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Are you sure that the unit has been properly RE-Linked for your voltage??

Here is a video.. to doublecheck..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbvDug33Ntw

and that it is correctly wired for the proper phase?? NO RED wire connected for single phase..

Proper manual can be downloaded here if you plug in your serial number.. here

http://www.millerwelds.com/service/ownersmanuals.php

Also... have you reset CB1 (see manual)
    Last edited by H80N; 06-06-2015, 01:10 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Re-linked

I did do the re-link as the video showed but still no luck.

Comment

Also not finding the CB-1 .

Comment

Originally posted by Jrodfftch View Post
          I did do the re-link as the video showed but still no luck.
          CB1 Reset..??

Correct voltage coming out of the wall socket..??

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
          Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
          Dynasty 200DX
          Millermatic 200

Comment

Maybe this one has no CB1...

have you cycled the power switch on the right hand side bottom corner of the front panel...??

My Blue Stuff:
            Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
            Dynasty 200DX
            Millermatic 200

Comment

Did I miss the serial #?

Comment

I figured it out. Where there machine was set up for 440 volts I had to pull the cover and take the red wire loose from the contactor switch and hook the white wire where the red wire was . Flipped the switch and now I have power. Still need to pull the contactor switch off and clean it since its humming to me. Thanks for all your help.

Comment

The humming is only a problem if you dont like the tune.

Comment

Working...
                  X