X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Stang
    replied
    Originally posted by Mtbj View Post
    I have a job coming up where I have to weld some 3" X 1.5" aluminum channel. I have a dynasty 200 and have both argon and argon helium 25/75 tanks.

I know I can do the job if I use 1/4" channel. I'd like to use 3/8" channel but I have never tried welding it before and not sure I can do it with my machine. I only have to weld corner joints to make a U shape.
    You can probably do it with the Argon/Helium mix. Might need a little preheat. If not-have you considered pure helium and welding on DC? It would give you the extra penetration you need for 3/8" material. Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• ja baudin
    replied
    Originally posted by Mtbj View Post
    I have a job coming up where I have to weld some 3" X 1.5" aluminum channel. I have a dynasty 200 and have both argon and argon helium 25/75 tanks.

I know I can do the job if I use 1/4" channel. I'd like to use 3/8" channel but I have never tried welding it before and not sure I can do it with my machine. I only have to weld corner joints to make a U shape.

What I would do:
    1- good fit up and joint prep
    2- run the argon helium mix
    3- 50-60 hz ac frequency, suppose to input more heat than higher frequencies.
    4- maybe some preheat

ja

Leave a comment:

• Mtbj
    started a topic welding 3/8" aluminum channel

welding 3/8" aluminum channel

Working...
X