new Dynasty 200 DX ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new Dynasty 200 DX ?

Hello everyone, I am new on the forum here and have a few questions. I am getting a new Dynasty 200 DX next week, It is the machine only so I still need a torch and cooler setup for it. I am using this in my home shop on our desert race car and motorcycles, also general use around our place. Just looking for help on which brand torch and cooler works well with the Dynasty, something easy to use under and around the car and is good quality. Thanks, Steve.

Originally posted by rocky4by View Post
    Hello everyone, I am new on the forum here and have a few questions. I am getting a new Dynasty 200 DX next week, It is the machine only so I still need a torch and cooler setup for it. I am using this in my home shop on our desert race car and motorcycles, also general use around our place. Just looking for help on which brand torch and cooler works well with the Dynasty, something easy to use under and around the car and is good quality. Thanks, Steve.
    A 25 ft water cooled WP-20 series torch suits the Dyn 200 very well...

the two most popular brands are Miller-Weldcraft and CK.... do yourself a favor and spend the little bit extra and get the superflex rubber hoses.. instead of the PVC vinyl ones.. the upgrade is well worth it... especially in cooler weather..

for coolers... both Miller and Bernard make suitable coolers.. something that can provide at least 1 liter per minute @ 50 psi like the Miller Coolmate-1 would work fine

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o235464k_mil.pdf

you may also consider building your own cooler.. they are pretty simple.. here is a thread..

http://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/...ad.php?t=39374
    Last edited by H80N; 05-28-2015, 08:23 AM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

I run an HTP artic chill cooler and 20 flex head torch. Their torches are made by CK and come with the superflex cables. They are a pleasure to deal with. The cooler is a little loud, but it doesn't bother me as much as it bothers some other guys.
      Mike Zanconato
      Zanconato Custom Cycles
      @mzank on Instagram
      Dynasty 280DX
      Meco Midget

Comment

Originally posted by zank View Post
        I run an HTP artic chill cooler and 20 flex head torch. Their torches are made by CK and come with the superflex cables. They are a pleasure to deal with. The cooler is a little loud, but it doesn't bother me as much as it bothers some other guys.
        Zank

what type of pump is in that cooler..??

most of them these days are running "Procon" vane pumps... they are fairly quiet and efficient..

have run across much older coolers running gear pumps...(like Oberdorfer pumps) but they are disturbingly loud.. like this one mentioned at 5:54 of this video and later heard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjrPsNpPw9w

Last edited by H80N; 05-28-2015, 12:32 PM.

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
        Dynasty 200DX
        Millermatic 200

Comment

Really like that ignore feature.

Rocky4by, you will find out might I mean.

1. Decide if are going to live with rolling the rig on a cart with a 25 foot length torch
          or a 50 foot one.
          2. Decide if you need a flexible or fixed head on the torch. See CKWORLD.COM.
          Look at the CK20 or CK200.
          Weldcraft is a common run of the mill brand, a W-250 should be good.
          3.Decide if you want a finger control on the torch or not. The reason I say this is
          if you a underneath a car on your back it may be difficult to operate a foot control.
          Some people will find it difficult to move a torch and control the amperage with the same hand.
          Maybe you would consider it a challenge.
          4. Coolers: Decide if you are going to have a rolling cart or not. Do you want to make a custom cart
          or buy one. Then you can concentrate on what cooler and how it will be mounted..
          A cart and cooler would be good projects to build. Get a Miller blue panel down to the paint
          supply store and get a color match for some DuPont Industrial Coating paint and activator. Nice.

You might want to get a supply of ear plugs too. Last time I welded with a Dynasty
          the noise was pretty loud.
          Last edited by bluesky; 05-28-2015, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Good question. I'll open it up and have a look.

Originally posted by H80N View Post
            Zank

what type of pump is in that cooler..??

most of them these days are running "Procon" vane pumps... they are fairly quiet and efficient..

have run across much older coolers running gear pumps...(like Oberdorfer pumps) but they are disturbingly loud.. like this one mentioned at 5:54 of this video and later heard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjrPsNpPw9w

Mike Zanconato
            Zanconato Custom Cycles
            @mzank on Instagram
            Dynasty 280DX
            Meco Midget

Comment

Originally posted by zank View Post
              Good question. I'll open it up and have a look.
              Thanks Mike...

am sure others will be interested .... as well as your general impressions of that cooler...

Water coolers are one of those usually expensive bits of equip that most do not take into account when going water cooled.. if this is a reasonably priced candidate.. that will do the job ... folks may want to consider it...

you have a 20 series torch listed... I can see no reason to go any heavier than that... the 20 is plenty stout enough to easily handle anything that a Dyn 200 DX can put out.. while still being compact...
              Out of curiosity how long a lead on it..?? I tend to run 25 footers... lots of folks prefer the 12 footers... where BS is getting his 50 footers... who knows..

Originally posted by bluesky View Post

1. Decide if are going to live with rolling the rig on a cart with a 25 foot length torch
              or a 50 foot one.
              2. Decide if you need a flexible or fixed head on the torch. See CKWORLD.COM.
              Look at the CK20 or CK200.
              Weldcraft is a common run of the mill brand, a W-250 should be good.....
              Last edited by H80N; 05-29-2015, 07:52 AM.

My Blue Stuff:
              Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
              Dynasty 200DX
              Millermatic 200

Comment

I went 25'. I had a 9 torch with a 12.5' and it was a bit of a reach from my power supply to my jig. The 25 footer is nice.

I do some full days on AC and the 20 never gets hot. I love water cooled for everything now.
                Mike Zanconato
                Zanconato Custom Cycles
                @mzank on Instagram
                Dynasty 280DX
                Meco Midget

Comment

Originally posted by H80N View Post
                  Thanks Mike...

am sure others will be interested .... as well as your general impressions of that cooler...

Water coolers are one of those usually expensive bits of equip that most do not take into account when going water cooled.. if this is a reasonably priced candidate.. that will do the job ... folks may want to consider it...

you have a 20 series torch listed... I can see no reason to go any heavier than that... the 20 is plenty stout enough to easily handle anything that a Dyn 200 DX can put out.. while still being compact...
                  Out of curiosity how long a lead on it..?? I tend to run 25 footers... lots of folks prefer the 12 footers... where BS is getting his 50 footers... who knows..
                  The moron took the bait.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesky View Post
                    The moron took the bait.

In my opinion, having been here for many years, I believe H8ON has more wealth of info at his fingertips than most who frequent this forum. And I know from experience that he has the ability to go beyond this web site to help the members of this forum. Not only does he patrol this forum daily, but resonds to most threads. You,,,,are only hurting yourself by your actions on this forum, Ron.

Ja
                    Last edited by ja baudin; 05-29-2015, 07:26 PM.
                    sigpic

Dynasty 200 DX
                    Millermatic 350P
                    30A Spoolgun
                    Lincoln Pro Mig 140
                    Hypertherm Powermax 30
                    14" Rage Evolution dry saw
                    40 ton press brake
                    Evenheat Heat treat oven

1x42 / 4x48 belt grinder

Comment

The members of this forum work to help each other out..

whether they be newbs or old hands..

striving to share the most accurate advice and info that they can...

I happily participate in that process...

If that makes me a moron... well... count me in...

My Blue Stuff:
                      Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                      Dynasty 200DX
                      Millermatic 200

Comment

I'm proud to consider this moron a friend. You sir, Mr. Bluesky, must be very smart, if you consider this man a moron.
                        Dynasty 280DX
                        Bobcat 250
                        MM252
                        Spool gun
                        Twentieth Century 295
                        Twentieth Century 295 AC
                        Marquette spot welder
                        Smith torches

Comment

Thanks for the replies everyone, I picked up the welder today and will decide on the rest of the parts next week, So for those of you welding with Dynasty 200dx will it handle 1/4 aluminum ok? I have some skid plates on our car and quads that sometimes need welding, I hope I didnt need the 280 dx, I really wanted the 200dx to be able to take it to races and out on rides because of being able to run on 110.
                          Thanks again.

Comment

this is the pump/motor in the HTP Arctic Chill Cooler. Italian made, according to HTP.

Last edited by OscarJr; 05-29-2015, 10:54 PM.
                            HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
                            HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
                            HTP Pro Pulse 200 MIG x2
                            HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS
                            HTP Inverarc 200 TLP water cooled
                            HTP Microcut 875SC

Comment

Originally posted by OscarJr View Post
                              this is the pump/motor in the HTP Arctic Chill Cooler. Italian made, according to HTP.

Well that is an interesting looking assembly....

definately NOT a Procon pump...

Do not know how long it would last or how easy parts are to get...

(But HTP does have a good reputation for supporting what they sell)

Here is a pic of the typical procon pump and motor assy... plus one of the pump body..
                              usually made of brass or stainless steel...

they are quite stout and durable.. plentiful on the used market as they are used on soda fountain "Carbonators" as well..
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by H80N; 05-30-2015, 06:33 AM.

My Blue Stuff:
                              Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                              Dynasty 200DX
                              Millermatic 200

Comment

Working...
                              X