Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danl
    replied
    Thanks all... Will keep this in mind... I have a new issue... :-( You can see my post at: http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...c-troubleshoot

However I have another option on the way that I think might work well.... We will see...

Danl

Leave a comment:

• BukitCase
    replied
    Agree 110% on the 30A, love mine - also, after pricing the replacement cable ***'y,

http://miller4less.com/advanced_sear...x=0&search.y=0

I ordered one of these

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Works like a chinese finger puzzle, push it together to slip over the welder end connectors, electrical tape @ gun end, then work it back snug over the leads. The 25' x 1-1/2" won't quite reach all the way, but it covers everything that might drag on the ground... Steve

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by Danl View Post
    Now time to go seriously shop for the Spool Gun...
    Spoolmatic 30A is what you want

https://www.millerwelds.com/accessor...ool-gun-m14800

Leave a comment:

• Danl
    replied
    Now time to go seriously shop for the Spool Gun...

Leave a comment:

• Danl
    replied
    Okay, here is the answer from the Miller Guru who called me. You can still hook up the Spool Gun to the Positive electrode on the machine, and THEN, you simply unplug the AlumaPro from the Spool Gun plug and plug in the the new spool gun. Then just switch it when you go back to the AlumaPro... A little klunky but very workable. Thanks to the Miller guy who called me back from the contact form that I sent in. Great service. Hope this helps others.

Regards to all, and thanks for the comments. Danl

Leave a comment:

• Danl
    replied
    Here is a picture from the Miller website. I blew it up and added a couple of colored circles to it. The Red port is marked for the Spool Gun and the Green port is marked for the standard mig gun as is shown in the pic. However the AlumaPro gun has the larger plug that fits in the the Spool Gun port. That is the reason I keep scratching my head. A Miller Spool Gun, it appears to me, would have to plug into the "mig" gun port since the spool port is utilized by the AlumaPro...

Leave a comment:

• Danl
    replied
    I am going to give this thread a little bump.

The reason I am revisiting this is because I am back to needing the spool gun option for my 350P. I rechecked the front and the AlumaPro plugs in to the Spool Gun port. I will try to take a picture of that tomorrow when I am back in the shop. So it makes me wonder where I would plug in for the control of the spool since the spool port is already in use. Clear as mud??? I will get a pic of my machine... The ports are two different sizes, therefore the AlumaPro will only plug into the one port...

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by BukitCase View Post
    OK, I think I see part of the reason for confusion - I just looked at the XR guns on Cyberweld, and it seems to me that the welder itself provides the "push" and the gun provides the "pull" - if so, wouldn't that limit you to spool gun on the second input and EITHER a regular mig gun OR the XR on the internally fed port ?

Please correct me if I'm wrong on this... Steve
    I believe you are correct... I flip guns depending on what type of job I am into..so the Gun-On-Demand is not very important to me...

The MM252 is an excellent industrial duty machine...

Leave a comment:

• BukitCase
    replied
    OK, I think I see part of the reason for confusion - I just looked at the XR guns on Cyberweld, and it seems to me that the welder itself provides the "push" and the gun provides the "pull" - if so, wouldn't that limit you to spool gun on the second input and EITHER a regular mig gun OR the XR on the internally fed port ?

Please correct me if I'm wrong on this... Steve

Leave a comment:

• BukitCase
    replied
    Got it, thanks - I have the original M25 gun (15') and bought a 300 amp Roughneck gun(same consumables as the 30A) - haven't used that one yet, but there are some heavier projects on the list for later.

I sold my mm211 to a friend when I found a deal on the 252, partly because I don't have the patience to physically switch guns/liners, etc, all the time. LOVE having both regular and spool gun available just by touching the trigger. I usually keep .023 wire in the 30A (light stuff and quick tacks) and .035 in the machine.

I wouldn't mind having a 350P, but hard to justify on retirement income -especially when I have a couple stick machines for heavier stuff. Only downside of retirement so far is a smaller toy budget... Steve

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by BukitCase View Post
    H, nothing you linked to clarified (for me, anyway) what you call a "long MIG whip" - can you explain exactly which gun that would be? I have a 252 and 30A, don't do aluminum (yet) but have found the 30A useful with steel just for the longer reach.

Thanks... Steve
    Steve

I did not explain that very well..

What I meant was a standard MIG gun and conduit.. I have a few.. from Mini_Mig to 300amp.. depending on how heavy I need to go...
    in addition to the 30A & 25Ft XR AlumaPro....

The 30A will push steel wire just fine but I find it awkward.. that's all
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• BukitCase
    replied
    H, nothing you linked to clarified (for me, anyway) what you call a "long MIG whip" - can you explain exactly which gun that would be? I have a 252 and 30A, don't do aluminum (yet) but have found the 30A useful with steel just for the longer reach.

Thanks... Steve

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    YouTube Video....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s54bfUR0aDY

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by ja baudin View Post
    You don't have to unhook anything, just pick up the gun you want and pull the trigger. There is a separate control plug in for the spool gun and push pull.
    Ja is correct ... See Section

6-5. MIG Gun-On-Demand

The guns that can be used with this unit are MIG guns, spool
    guns, and push-pull guns. To switchfrom one gun to another, momentarily press the trigger

on the desired unused gun to make it the active gun. Once the trigger is pressed, the unit will recall stored data and both displays will show the last

programmed values for that particular gun. If the unit is powered down and back on again, the gun last used will become the cur
    rent active gun

Leave a comment:

• ja baudin
    replied
    You don't have to unhook anything, just pick up the gun you want and pull the trigger. There is a separate control plug in for the spool gun and push pull.
    Last edited by ja baudin; 05-14-2015, 07:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X