Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danl
    replied
    Yes, I have been through the manual extensively. It doesn't cover two gun operation. I have assumed that one mig gun would use the large cabinet spool, and a spool gun would use the same positive lug for welding. Next I have assumed that there is a second bottle for gas the spool gun. The spool gun hooks directly to the gas regulator. The only other connection would be the control connection... I guess you just have to unhook the AlumaPro gun and then connect the spool gun controler, unless there is "Y" connector available. I see no practical way, other than a separate wire feeder to use a second mig gun...

Your thoughts... Thanks, Danl

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by Danl View Post
    How would you setup a separate spool for the steel wire. I would like to be able to just switch from one to the other. I cannot see how you can run a second mig gun along with the Aluma Pro. Here is a sample setup that I see on the MM 252... BTW my Aluma Pro gun is 25 feet and I have the standard mig gun that came with the machine.

[ATTACH]35220[/ATTACH]
    Here is the manual

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o1327ah_mil.pdf

See
    SECTION 5 INSTALLATION

Leave a comment:

• Danl
    replied
    Originally posted by H80N View Post
    Yes... Mine has both.. plus regular MIG guns

why run steel in a 30A when you could run a long MIG whip..?

http://www.millerwelds.com/pdf/spec_sheets/DC12-51.pdf

How would you setup a separate spool for the steel wire. I would like to be able to just switch from one to the other. I cannot see how you can run a second mig gun along with the Aluma Pro. Here is a sample setup that I see on the MM 252... BTW my Aluma Pro gun is 25 feet and I have the standard mig gun that came with the machine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MM252 with Spool Gun.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	518984
    Last edited by Danl; 05-13-2015, 09:09 PM. Reason: Add more info...

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by Danl View Post
    Can the MM350P be used in with a Aluma Pro Push Pull and a spool gun. I prefer the Aluma Pro for Aluminum and then have steel setup in a Spool Gun. Can that be made to work? If so how do you set it up.

Thanks, Danl
    Yes... Mine has both.. plus regular MIG guns

why run steel in a 30A when you could run a long MIG whip..?

http://www.millerwelds.com/pdf/spec_sheets/DC12-51.pdf

Last edited by H80N; 05-13-2015, 08:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Danl
    started a topic MM 350P with Mig and Spool Gun?

MM 350P with Mig and Spool Gun?

Can the MM350P be used in with a Aluma Pro Push Pull and a spool gun. I prefer the Aluma Pro for Aluminum and then have steel setup in a Spool Gun. Can that be made to work? If so how do you set it up.

Thanks, Danl
Working...
X