Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chewinggum
    replied
    I have a tv set ON my tig bench, about 2 ft from the welder box and tig torch when welding. No problems. (Cable tv, not over the air).
    CG

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    I suppose it would depend on how much power is coming into your house main breaker. Not going to notice a mig on a 100 amp house circuit. probably really notice it on a 40 amp house circuit

Leave a comment:

• Sberry
    replied
    I wasn't aware it caused damage, only nuisance interference with radio or TV reception.
    Never seen damage happen.

Leave a comment:

• Sberry
    replied
    Don't worry about this unless it is a real problem. All this surge suppression equipment is a poor bandaid blanket approach and about like an extended warranty on a 4# hammer. A real look at grounding electrodes and electrical ground pathways will be an actual return on effort.
    The "surge suppressor" is touted by the suppressor people, not that it doesn't work on occasion but is a poor substitute for lightning strike pathway.
    This is the only surge on a line. The rest is pretty much nonsense for our practical purpose.

Leave a comment:

• WillieB
    replied
    Manuals with Miller TIG machines have detailed instructions how to control interference from HF. I wasn't aware it caused damage, only nuisance interference with radio or TV reception.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Cruizers Cure...

Originally posted by ja baudin View Post
    Start at the machine and tie wrap the work lead cable and torch cable together for the first foot or two. For tig. Sould help with your HF problems per Cruizer's instructions. Subject search should bring up the specifics.
    +1... Here is one of those threads...

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...light=zip+ties

Leave a comment:

• ja baudin
    replied
    Start at the machine and tie wrap the work lead cable and torch cable together for the first foot or two. For tig. Sould help with your HF problems per Cruizer's instructions. Subject search should bring up the specifics.

Leave a comment:

• Ltbadd
    replied
    Originally posted by Cgotto6 View Post
    Cruizer has posted a few times on how to deal with stray hf. A little searching and you could find it.
    I'm guessing here, but I'd say it has to do with how the machine is grounded, and I don't mean the work ground.

Leave a comment:

• Broccoli1
    replied
    Originally posted by elvis View Post
    Does the hf part only apply to old style tig machines with the gaps and such? Or does it apply to the blue lightning type machines as well? Where Do the hf start max star machines fit into that?
    All machines that use HF.

Leave a comment:

• Cgotto6
    replied
    Cruizer has posted a few times on how to deal with stray hf. A little searching and you could find it.

Leave a comment:

• davido30093
    replied
    Surge suppressor

is that type of interference just going to pass through since it isn't really a surge?
    YES.

You should always have surge suppressors on all sensitive electronic equipment, but it has nothing to do with your welder.

The HF interference from a tig welder will NOT be blocked by a surge suppressor.

Leave a comment:

• diddler
    replied
    If, in the future I do get a TIG with HF start and start running into interference, is it something that would actually be stopped by having the problematic device (TV, radio) on a surge suppressor? Or is that type of interference just going to pass through since it isn't really a surge?

Thanks!

Ryan

Leave a comment:

• bfjou812
    replied
    When ever I use my Maxstar 150 for TIG in my garage/shop I get some interference on the FM stereo radio I have playing. When using my HH 210 there isn't a problem. Just my 2 cents worth........

Leave a comment:

• elvis
    replied
    Does the hf part only apply to old style tig machines with the gaps and such? Or does it apply to the blue lightning type machines as well? Where Do the hf start max star machines fit into that?

Leave a comment:

• Broccoli1
    replied
    Mig welding is fine

Leave a comment:

Working...
X