Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

trailblazer with kubota diesel spits oil from breather tube

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • trailblazer with kubota diesel spits oil from breather tube

    My machine runs great but I will have periods where the engine spits oil out the breather tube coming off valve cover. It runs good but I watch the oil. Some days it doesn't do it. Took it to a local Kubota dealer and they found nothing wrong. Of course it did not blow oil while they had it. In a good day of welding i can lose up to a quart.

  • #2
    Kubota dealer won't have a load bank, so they can't help you. Too much pressure in the crank case, so going to suggest WRONG oil, and WRONG oil filter. As I've said many times, if you see a spring inside of the oil filter, it's the wrong one.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ttommy55 View Post
      My machine runs great but I will have periods where the engine spits oil out the breather tube coming off valve cover. It runs good but I watch the oil. Some days it doesn't do it. Took it to a local Kubota dealer and they found nothing wrong. Of course it did not blow oil while they had it. In a good day of welding i can lose up to a quart.
      Blow by causes-
      Wrong oil or diluted oil from unburned fuel or leaky injector
      Worn rings
      Plugged breather baffle
      Excessive engine angle
      Blown head gasket/cracked head

      First I would change the oil with the correct grade, it's summer time so 15w40, or 10w30. Be sure your using diesel grade oil, also be sure to use the correct filter. Now if blow by persists, gather some 3/16 7018 rods and run the machine at the dealer, have the dealer install a blow by gauge, this is the true way to measure blow by, if it is excessive then have them do a leak down test on the engine cylinder by cylinder.
      Kevin
      Lincoln ranger 305g x2
      Ln25
      Miller spectrum 625
      Miller 30a spoolgun
      Wc115a
      Lincoln 210mp
      F550 imt service truck

      Comment


      • #4
        Unlikely to be a blown head gasket, maybe remove your rad cap and look for a lot of bubbles, that will tell you right away. Leaky injector , rings maybe, but the engine would run erratic. That's an easy fix with the likes of a cetane booster cleaner like hot shots. Dirty breather baffle, possible. I'm willing to bet though that you have the wrong oil and definitely wrong oil filter as the blow by isn't constant.

        Kindly report back if you have it figured out, as you know I like to be right in all things welder...

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by cruizer View Post
          Unlikely to be a blown head gasket, maybe remove your rad cap and look for a lot of bubbles, that will tell you right away. Leaky injector , rings maybe, but the engine would run erratic. That's an easy fix with the likes of a cetane booster cleaner like hot shots. Dirty breather baffle, possible. I'm willing to bet though that you have the wrong oil and definitely wrong oil filter as the blow by isn't constant.

          Kindly report back if you have it figured out, as you know I like to be right in all things welder...
          If the head gasket is blown it would not be on the coolant side as it would be near an oil drain passage. Also it would be partial blown. Ie causing combustion gases to enter the crankcase when the machine got really hot. I agree its most likely wrong oil. But i have seen kubotas run fine, not loose a drop of coolant and have a leaky or cracked head/head gasket.
          Kevin
          Lincoln ranger 305g x2
          Ln25
          Miller spectrum 625
          Miller 30a spoolgun
          Wc115a
          Lincoln 210mp
          F550 imt service truck

          Comment


          • #6
            Well this sucker runs at 3600 rpm, so if the head gasket is blown, garrenteed that the coolant passages are blown as well. Besides he says it doesn't happen all the time. That tells me that it's not a head gasket anyways.


            We'll see if he gets back to us

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by cruizer View Post
              Well this sucker runs at 3600 rpm, so if the head gasket is blown, garrenteed that the coolant passages are blown as well. Besides he says it doesn't happen all the time. That tells me that it's not a head gasket anyways.


              We'll see if he gets back to us
              All small kubotas run at 3600rpm or 1800 rpm. That is not the issue. Also they are a low compression diesel, ever try to start a cold one without the glow plugs...won't start. What normally happens is they crack in the prechambers of the head, then gaskets allows gases into the oil drain lines, no coolant is lost. Again I was not saying this was the issues, simply listed the causes of blow by.
              Kevin
              Lincoln ranger 305g x2
              Ln25
              Miller spectrum 625
              Miller 30a spoolgun
              Wc115a
              Lincoln 210mp
              F550 imt service truck

              Comment


              • #8
                Yep, 2 techs different ideas. Never the less, 2 hrs to do a head gasket r/r and that's slow. So not a big deal one way or the other.

                Im not working any more so just providing tech and consumer t-shooting here, Facebook, and over the phone.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by cruizer View Post
                  Yep, 2 techs different ideas. Never the less, 2 hrs to do a head gasket r/r and that's slow. So not a big deal one way or the other.

                  Im not working any more so just providing tech and consumer t-shooting here, Facebook, and over the phone.
                  Did you end up selling your business? I always thought you could do well as a tech in some of the pay/question places. I hope everything is good, also oil will go up again was at $62 a barrell yesterday.
                  Kevin
                  Lincoln ranger 305g x2
                  Ln25
                  Miller spectrum 625
                  Miller 30a spoolgun
                  Wc115a
                  Lincoln 210mp
                  F550 imt service truck

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Well, the evils of electronic soldering without good ventilation and smoking over the last 20 years certainly put my health at risk, even if I gave up the tobacco a year ago.

                    Over the last couple years I've spent too much time at the hospital, even was ambulanced in last Monday, on a near death, no breathing problem. So troubleshooting seems to be much safer.

                    Problem is that the years of pulling in $600g have come and gone as well.
                    Last edited by cruizer; 05-07-2015, 09:20 PM.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X