Miller Elite and Miller Digital Elite Welding Helmets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller Elite and Miller Digital Elite Welding Helmets

Anybody else having troubles with these lenses? I love the way they work when they work. I'm on my fourth set, the first three made it just past the warranty lifetime. What are they programmed to fail?

I was going to buy the Speedglass this time but I looked in the shop and I got two Joker shields and one Lucky's garage. This time I just ordered the black from Cyberweld. Heck I can change helmet flavors anytime the urge hits. At least I have plenty of lens retainers and inner / outer lens covers and four cool but highly flammable helmet backpacks. I may just buy another lens so my son can weld some too. At one time I had three helmets that worked now I only have the new one. I do think I like the new hinged headgear a little better seems a little more comfortable.

Hey Miller man I have three Miller Digital Paperweights I'll send you free of charge.

Originally posted by 4given View Post
    Anybody else having troubles with these lenses? I love the way they work when they work. I'm on my fourth set, the first three made it just past the warranty lifetime. What are they programmed to fail?

I was going to buy the Speedglass this time but I looked in the shop and I got two Joker shields and one Lucky's garage. This time I just ordered the black from Cyberweld. Heck I can change helmet flavors anytime the urge hits. At least I have plenty of lens retainers and inner / outer lens covers and four cool but highly flammable helmet backpacks. I may just buy another lens so my son can weld some too. At one time I had three helmets that worked now I only have the new one. I do think I like the new hinged headgear a little better seems a little more comfortable.

Hey Miller man I have three Miller Digital Paperweights I'll send you free of charge.
    I've had my Miller Elite for at least 6-8 years, no problems yet. There are some people that when they wear a watch it won't keep time...maybe your like this with weld hoods...just kidding
    Richard
    West coast of Florida

Comment

sme here I have two elites one blue one with the flames and one luckys garage I got for a spare .problem is I never had any problems with the first one . I weld overhead with it and got a few spots where the slag almost burned through the chield but it keeps on going.even the batteries I use work great I run the energizer batteries from walmart in it and never have any problems .I do hear of a lot of guys havin problems with regular batteries and had to switch to the Panasonic ones I think to get their shields to work ok. my shield been left in rain dropped from atleast 10' an it's still kickin. you wanna send me the ones you say are broken ill take um.lol

oh one other thing is if you are storeing the spares remember to take out the battreies or they will corrode and destroy your shield.

Comment

Elite lenses

Originally posted by tommy2069 View Post
        sme here I have two elites one blue one with the flames and one luckys garage I got for a spare .problem is I never had any problems with the first one . I weld overhead with it and got a few spots where the slag almost burned through the chield but it keeps on going.even the batteries I use work great I run the energizer batteries from walmart in it and never have any problems .I do hear of a lot of guys having problems with regular batteries and had to switch to the Panasonic ones I think to get their shields to work ok. my shield been left in rain dropped from at least 10' an it's still kickin. you wanna send me the ones you say are broken ill take um.lol

oh one other thing is if you are storeing the spares remember to take out the battreies or they will corrode and destroy your shield.
        Nah I was hoping since I'm such a loyal Miller customer they would send me a coupon towards my next Elite lens purchase. Heck I have the MM252, MM135, Syncrowave, and now 4 Miller auto darkening lenses, (only one actually works).

I love their helmet lenses though, I see much better with them and I'm half blind ol bat now anyway. The Speedglass we had at work did'nt seem to pick up the arc as fast as the Millers to me, Having the four sensors makes a heck of a difference. Except when they seem to pick up the sunlight and go dark before your ready.

But heck Cyberweld sells the whole helmet cheaper than I can buy the lens anywhere else. I'm kinda stoked to try out the new front attach lens carrier hopefully I won't knock the dang lens loose, the buttons seem like they are in the right spot to get the lens carrier knocked loose. And maybe the batteries will last longer than my other ones.

Comment

Working...
        X