No announcement yet.

aluminum alloy / temper chart or book.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aluminum alloy / temper chart or book.

Does anyone know if there is a book or chart that will detail the properties of all the different aluminum alloys with all the t designations? Properties I am looking for are things like bendability, strength etc.

If the book has all the metals and not just aluminum even better.

Originally posted by Mtbj View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a book or chart that will detail the properties of all the different aluminum alloys with all the t designations? Properties I am looking for are things like bendability, strength etc.

If the book has all the metals and not just aluminum even better.
    Do an internet search on the "alcoa aluminum handbook"

there is also a lot of free info on the internet archive if you do a little hunting..

https://archive.org/search.php?query=alcoa%20aluminum

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Weldability & Filler Metals

If you want to know the weldability and correct filler metals of an aluminum alloy this guidebook is worth downloading..

http://www.hobartbrothers.com/downlo...minumGuide.pdf

Hobart Guide for Aluminum Welding

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
      Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
      Dynasty 200DX
      Millermatic 200

Comment

aluminum alloy / temper chart or book.

I'm pretty good with filler metals. What I'm never sure of is what alloys are better for bending and which are better for structures. I'll check out the Alcoa handbook.

Comment

Originally posted by Mtbj View Post
          I'm pretty good with filler metals. What I'm never sure of is what alloys are better for bending and which are better for structures. I'll check out the Alcoa handbook.

This site may work better for you, the filler alloy chart really comes in handy for me.

http://www.alcotec.com/us/en/support...tion-chart.cfm

Ja
          sigpic

Dynasty 200 DX
          Millermatic 350P
          30A Spoolgun
          Lincoln Pro Mig 140
          Hypertherm Powermax 30
          14" Rage Evolution dry saw
          40 ton press brake
          Evenheat Heat treat oven

1x42 / 4x48 belt grinder

Comment

4943 Filler..??

Originally posted by ja baudin View Post
            This site may work better for you, the filler alloy chart really comes in handy for me.

http://www.alcotec.com/us/en/support...tion-chart.cfm

Ja
            Problem with that chart is that Alcotec Does NOT Have 4943....

it is only made by Hobart/Maxal..

My Blue Stuff:
            Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
            Dynasty 200DX
            Millermatic 200

Comment

Originally posted by H80N View Post
              Problem with that chart is that Alcotec Does NOT Have 4943....

it is only made by Hobart/Maxal..
              H8on, your right. The other problem is that 4943 isn't as readily available as 4043 and 5356. I'll agree that 4943 looks fantastic , ive read all the literature. To acquire it I have to get on the phone with Maxal and order some. And really is that a big deal? No, but for the average home/hobby/small business welder it's just easier to hit the LWS or order online. You won't find it at those locations. I've been wanting to try some 4943 and will eventually buy some, I just have to run through all my tubes of old stock first. Anyone want to trade some 4943 for some 4043 and 5356? I'm sure with time it will catch on and become more available.
              Last edited by ja baudin; 04-23-2015, 07:46 PM.
              sigpic

Dynasty 200 DX
              Millermatic 350P
              30A Spoolgun
              Lincoln Pro Mig 140
              Hypertherm Powermax 30
              14" Rage Evolution dry saw
              40 ton press brake
              Evenheat Heat treat oven

1x42 / 4x48 belt grinder

Comment

Originally posted by ja baudin View Post
                H8on, your right. The other problem is that 4943 isn't as readily available as 4043 and 5356. I'll agree that 4943 looks fantastic , ive read all the literature. To acquire it I have to get on the phone with Maxal and order some. And really is that a big deal? No, but for the average home/hobby/small business welder it's just easier to hit the LWS or order online. You won't find it at those locations. I've been wanting to try some 4943 and will eventually buy some, I just have to run through all my tubes of old stock first. Anyone want to trade some 4943 for some 4043 and 5356? I'm sure with time it will catch on and become more available.
                Ja

Sent you a PM.......

My Blue Stuff:
                Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                Dynasty 200DX
                Millermatic 200

Comment

Working...
                X