dialarc 300hf and spoolgun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dialarc 300hf and spoolgun

Hello, Hope everyone is doink ok. Is there anyway to use a spoolgun with my dialarc 300hf? And if not what would be my cheapest way to go with getting a mig and spoolgun will be used around the shop and small repairs i dont think anything over 5/16 thick Thanks

NO, ONLY A VOLTAGE SENSING FEEDER WORKS WITH A DUAL SHIELD WIRE ON NON CRITICAL WELDS.

Why in caps, because this has been covered about a hundred plus times. A simple search would have told you this.

Comment

WHY IN CAPS BECAUSE I THOUGH THIS WOULD BE BEST PLACE FOR A ANSWER AND NOT A SMART&amp;^&amp; ANSWER. I JUST FOUND OUT I WAS GONNA NEED A SPOOLGUN FOR SOME REPAIRS THIS WEEKEND<BR>

Comment

Your funny.....

Comment

Thanks lol this was just the first place i though i would check just dont want to spend alot of money on something that wont be used alot but when i need one would like to have something i could depend on i would use the mig alot more than the spoolgun

Comment

Correct Answer...

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
            NO, ONLY A VOLTAGE SENSING FEEDER WORKS WITH A DUAL SHIELD WIRE ON NON CRITICAL WELDS.

Why in caps, because this has been covered about a hundred plus times. A simple search would have told you this.
            This was NOT a Wiseguy answer.... It was the correct answer.. even if it is a little BLUNT....

I believe Cruizer may have been voicing some frustration... as this is one of those questions that has been answered Many Many times... and a simple search of the archives would have yielded lot's of results...

Don't take it personally... there is more info in the resources section..

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...ur-skills/mig/

Short answer is... you have a Constant Current power supply and the Spool Gun needs a Constant Voltage supply in order to weld properly... it's the physics of the deal...

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
            Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
            Dynasty 200DX
            Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
            Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Originally posted by hawk111567 View Post
              Hello, Hope everyone is doink ok. Is there anyway to use a spoolgun with my dialarc 300hf? And if not what would be my cheapest way to go with getting a mig and spoolgun will be used around the shop and small repairs i dont think anything over 5/16 thick Thanks
              Spoolgun connection is easy, ground cable to work piece, electrode hot cable to spoolgun, unscrew contact tip and force in 1/4 7018 electrode, set dial to 230amps, use spoolgun. Now i have answered an addtional question...as this is a wise answer.
              Kevin
              Lincoln ranger 305g x2
              Ln25
              Miller spectrum 625
              Miller 30a spoolgun
              Wc115a
              Lincoln 210mp
              F550 imt service truck

Comment

probably the cheapest route with a good product/company.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...2227_200482227

Or look for something used.
                Ed Conley
                http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
                MM252
                MM211
                Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
                TA185
                Miller 125c Plasma 120v
                O/A set
                SO 2020 Bender
                You can call me Bacchus