Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadyy
    replied
    The only thing I saw in the book regarding LEM was the wiring running from the PC1 board to the Current Transducer. No where did I see the Current Sensing Transformer called an LEM. AS far as the replacing of the boards go, it didn't cost me anything but time as we keep several in stock for replacement.

I'll not waste anymore of the valuable space on this board.

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    current sensing transformer IS the LEM, you could have posted your problems here before you replaced all the boards, and yes a serial number would have been handy. There are service notices in the serial # listings.
    Last edited by cruizer; 04-29-2015, 01:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ja baudin
    replied
    Originally posted by Roadyy View Post
    There were several "freaking" serial numbers as I had 3 of them doing the same thing. There were 2 serial numbers in the LH5100??C range and one LJ180070G.

I came back to post up what was found in case it helps someone else with the same issue which I have since had in a few other serial number models that had the same symptoms. All the LEMs and diodes were good and turned out to be the Current Sensing XFMR. I ohm'd it to find it did not read through. Replaced and that corrected the problem.

I would like to see an explanation as to how the different serial numbers( models) would have affected a different trouble shooting line of help.

Hope this information helps someone else.

You were given the explanation:
    ""You do know that there are several styles of the CST280. Soooo, where is the freaking serial#!!!""

Your question is as general as stating: I have a ford truck and want a new alternator. How do we know which ford truck you have or year for that matter?

Your serial number provides whoever with all of that info.

Ja
    Last edited by ja baudin; 04-29-2015, 01:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Roadyy
    replied
    There were several "freaking" serial numbers as I had 3 of them doing the same thing. There were 2 serial numbers in the LH5100??C range and one LJ180070G.

I came back to post up what was found in case it helps someone else with the same issue which I have since had in a few other serial number models that had the same symptoms. All the LEMs and diodes were good and turned out to be the Current Sensing XFMR. I ohm'd it to find it did not read through. Replaced and that corrected the problem.

I would like to see an explanation as to how the different serial numbers( models) would have affected a different trouble shooting line of help.

Hope this information helps someone else.

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    You do know that there are several styles of the CST280. Soooo, where is the freaking serial#!!!

Anyhow, enough with that, it generally is a failed LEM. I see you never checked or replaced that.

Leave a comment:

• Roadyy
    started a topic CST 280 trouble shooting

CST 280 trouble shooting

I have search for a thread that might help with no luck so I'm posting the question now.

I have all good when I turn the machine on, but as soon as the electrode touches the work piece the blue light starts blinking 6 times and the red light on the PC3 board 1 time. I have replaced both output diodes, quick recovery bridge and every board with the same result. Can anyone tell me what I'm missing?
Working...
X