Millermatic 200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millermatic 200

My 1 year old Millermatic 200 started sputtering on a project today, I can't get a good clean arc, it seems like the wire feed is binding, but if I move the head away from the work, the feed is smooth and fast. I can disengage the drive roller, and have no problem pushing the wire all the way thru the head with using my fingers, no binding.

I'm running flux core, no gas at 220 volts, Auto setup, on 3/16 mild steel.

im a hobbiest welder building small DIY projects and I love my 200, but with what ever's happening my beads look like ****.

any suggestions?

thanks,Chuck

Try a new contact tip

Comment

Millermatic..??? Maybe Multimatic..??

Originally posted by KB7CG View Post
      My 1 year old Millermatic 200 started sputtering on a project today, I can't get a good clean arc, it seems like the wire feed is binding, but if I move the head away from the work, the feed is smooth and fast. I can disengage the drive roller, and have no problem pushing the wire all the way thru the head with using my fingers, no binding.

I'm running flux core, no gas at 220 volts, Auto setup, on 3/16 mild steel.

im a hobbiest welder building small DIY projects and I love my 200, but with what ever's happening my beads look like ****.

any suggestions?

thanks,Chuck
      The Millermatic 200 has been out of production since 1991..

so Multimatic maybe..??

Serial number..??

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
      Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
      Dynasty 200DX
      Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
      Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Multimatic 200

Originally posted by H80N View Post
        The Millermatic 200 has been out of production since 1991..

so Multimatic maybe..??

Serial number..??

MULTIMATIC 200... You are absolutely correct, sorry 'bout that! I have a MILLERMATIC 175... And that name sticks in my head...

S/N is ME180037N

it's. Year old (May of 14) but I haven't used it a half dozen times since I bought it

Chuck

Comment

Originally posted by theweldor View Post
          Try a new contact tip
          Good idea and easy to do...

also did you change the polarity when you changed over to the gasless fluxcore wire..??

Wire brush the contact area of the ground/work clamp and workpiece... make sure it is making clean contact as close to the weld area as practical...

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
          Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
          Dynasty 200DX
          Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
          Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

If this machine is like any other Miller MIG wih Autoset, then Autoset is only for MIG settings using C-25 gas only. Pretty sure it wont work on FC. Set the volts and wire speed manually.

Comment

Any progress??

Comment

Multimatic 200

Tried both suggestions... Changed the contact tip ang reset the ground. Not sure which was the problem ( maybe both) but after that it's working great... Just finished up a 6X10 tilt trailer.

i would post a photo or two, but I don't see a way to attach a file.

thanks for the suggestions,

chuck

Comment

Glad it's working for ya......

You can attach pictures using the "Manage Attachments" button under the Additional Options section (below where you type in a Reply).

Comment

Multimatic 200

Here's my attempt to upload a photo.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X