Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CharleyL
    replied
    When I bought my DialArc HF the torch had been hooked up to well water for many years and the torch itself was heavily limed up. I ended up filling the torch head with CLR and letting it stand for an hour, then dumping the CLR out and replacing it with fresh CLR. I did this several times and then flushed it out with water. I now use it with a DIY cooler with RV anti-freeze and distilled water.

Charley

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Could you post the model name/number of your Miller "Coolmate #X"..??

This is likely a different model cooler but the connection diagram on page 11 of the PDF

SECTION 5

INSTALLATION
    5-1. GTAW Connections

should be typical for your Dialarc & Coolmate

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o628n_mil.pdf

Last edited by H80N; 04-11-2015, 07:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by robertwelds View Post
    The remote cooler is by Miller . The cooler is not hooked up to the Welder ports and instead one torch line is hooked up to the cooler and the other is hooked up to the water port on the torch on the lower right area on the welder (next to the hot wire lead on torch).How does the cooler line flow? Does is start at the cooler, runs to the torch, through the torch and back to the hot lead on the welder?I purchased a vinyl torch set and within five minutes the hot lead next to the torch melted exposing the braided line.Does the argon flow through the hot lead line to the torch?.
    The hot lead is the torch water return line.. using a "45V11" Power Block

Here is a hookup video..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ1V8ewTRlo
    Attached Files
    Last edited by H80N; 04-11-2015, 07:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• robertwelds
    replied
    Thank you

Originally posted by H80N View Post
    What model cooler do you have and what is it doing.. not doing..?? They are pretty simple and easy to work on...might be something as easy as a clogged strainer on the procon pump if it is so equipped..
    The remote cooler is by Miller . The cooler is not hooked up to the Welder ports and instead one torch line is hooked up to the cooler and the other is hooked up to the water port on the torch on the lower right area on the welder (next to the hot wire lead on torch).How does the cooler line flow? Does is start at the cooler, runs to the torch, through the torch and back to the hot lead on the welder?I purchased a vinyl torch set and within five minutes the hot lead next to the torch melted exposing the braided line.Does the argon flow through the hot lead line to the torch?.

Leave a comment:

• WillieB
    replied
    I've had both air cooled and water cooled torches. By a wide margin even with steel, I prefer water cooled. If it won't cool, it might be plugged. Mine plugged at the torch head. I took it apart, and in a few minutes was able to probe it out with a piece of copper wire stripped from romex. You couldn't have a nicer outfit, clean it, you'll love it. Air cooled is trading your Jaguar for a Yugo.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by robertwelds View Post
    My Dialarc HF has a water cooled torch with cooling issues. The serial number is HG021612, no idea when the welder was built.I TIG weld 1/8th inch mild steel and wondering if an air cooled torch can be purchased to replace the water cooled torch with its cooling issues? Truth is I do not know how to debug my remote miller cooling radiator system or how to hook it up properly. Simpler the better for my lack of experience.
    What model cooler do you have and what is it doing.. not doing..??

They are pretty simple and easy to work on...

might be something as easy as a clogged strainer on the procon pump if it is so equipped..

Leave a comment:

• robertwelds
    started a topic Dialarc HF

Dialarc HF

My Dialarc HF has a water cooled torch with cooling issues. The serial number is HG021612, no idea when the welder was built.I TIG weld 1/8th inch mild steel and wondering if an air cooled torch can be purchased to replace the water cooled torch with its cooling issues? Truth is I do not know how to debug my remote miller cooling radiator system or how to hook it up properly. Simpler the better for my lack of experience.
Working...
X