Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MM211 is a Proven Performer..

Originally posted by Tryagn5 View Post
    All in one machines i have owned, maxtron 450, excellant mig and stick machine, best 6010 machine i have owned. Poor at tig due to scratch start. Xmt 304, excallant at mig, good at stick, good at tig, had lift arc. Lincoln mp210 excellant mig and good stick performance, have not recieved my foot pedal yet so no comment on stick. All in one machines normally leave tig as the
    So so process. I would not own a machine which could not stick weld, there are times when stick shines...such as hard to reach areas, running out of gas on a sunday evening, or windy condtions...
    Kevin
    The Miller MM211 has been around since 2008 and it has a proven excellent track record..

The Lincoln MP210 is new on the market and..
    Kevin....you have owned yours for all of 2 or 3 weeks.??...
    for all of your enthusiasm, ... there is just no long term history on that Mexican made Lincoln...

weldingdude...IMHO..Go with the Millermatic 211 if you don't want to keep the MM200..... but I would not quickly pass on that MM200 with spoolgun.. they are a gem..

Just my 2cents worth...

FWIW... people on this forum have diverse experience and preferences... Passionate discussion is normal and healthy..Many honest viewpoints may conflict.. that is to be expected....
    Weigh any advice carefully and see what works for your needs..
    Last edited by H80N; 04-07-2015, 09:26 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Originally posted by weldingdude View Post
      I have the choice of a mid 80's vintage MillerMatic 200 with spot/stich panel and spool gun, excellent condition or sell that and purchase a new 211.

I currently have a Millermatic 130 and it has served me OK but have had a need for 1/4" to 3/8" plate welding. This is only hobby work.

For either machine I will need the correct 240 volt circuit installed.

The 200 is big and heavy, takes up a lot more space and is not "portable" like the 211 could be.

Any advice? Any idea on price for the 200? It also has a 25' power cord, tank, and regulator.

Thanks

Kevin
      You said it is only a hobby! Buy the Miller 211. You are not going to be concerned with the duty cycle! I have the 211 , and it is a great machine. It is also easy on power consumption. It is also portable, and dual voltage! Just my opinion!

Comment

Originally posted by H80N View Post
        The Miller MM211 has been around since 2008 and it has a proven excellent track record..

The Lincoln MP210 is new on the market and..
        for all of your enthusiasm, ... there is just no long term history on that Mexican made Lincoln...

weldingdude...IMHO..Go with the Millermatic 211 if you don't want to keep the MM200..... but I would not quickly pass on that MM200 with spoolgun.. they are a gem..

Just my 2cents worth...

FWIW... people on this forum have diverse experience and preferences... Passionate discussion is normal and healthy..Many honest viewpoints may conflict.. that is to be expected....
        Weigh any advice carefully and see what works for your needs..

i suggest you open any welder up and look at the components..you will see many made in china stickers on components...even your beloved dynasty.
        My prior comment was on all in one being so...so at different processes. That has not been my expirence.
        I know you hate lincoln, because it is not blue. I do not, i own both. Just like i park my ford f550 next to my white gmc 2500hd.
        Just because its blue does not make it bettar.
        Kevin
        Lincoln ranger 305g x2
        Ln25
        Miller spectrum 625
        Miller 30a spoolgun
        Wc115a
        Lincoln 210mp
        F550 imt service truck

Comment

Color..??

i suggest you open any welder up and look at the components..you will see many made in china stickers on components...even your beloved dynasty.
          My prior comment was on all in one being so...so at different processes. That has not been my expirence.
          I know you hate lincoln, because it is not blue. I do not, i own both. Just like i park my ford f550 next to my white gmc 2500hd.
          Just because its blue does not make it bettar.
          Kevin
          Barking up the wrong tree.. it is the LACK of TRACK RECORD..not color..

How can you claim such goodness after only owning it for a couple of weeks..??
          Might it be a little premature to make such a judgement..??
          Careful... it might turn around and bite you..
          PLS reread my post..

"The Lincoln MP210 is new on the market and..
          for all of your enthusiasm, ... there is just no long term history on that Mexican made Lincoln..."

BTW.. I do still own other colors.. Lincoln RED SqWave TIG 175... Hypertherm SILVER.PowerMax 1000... Hobart GOLD....TigWave 250.. Gilliland BLUE...Suitcase..
          Since 1968 I have owned or used most of the colors of the rainbow....

a sidetrack to the thread..and beating a dead horse.. but helps illustrate the need for caution when somebody endorses something... can't reliably extrapolate long term reliability by a 2 week ownership..

You announced on 03/27/15 that you had just picked yours up..
          Today is 04/08/15

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...087#post329087
          Last edited by H80N; 04-08-2015, 09:29 AM.

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
          Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
          Dynasty 200DX
          Millermatic 200

Comment

Originally posted by H80N View Post
            Barking up the wrong tree.. it is the LACK of TRACK RECORD..not color..

How can you claim such goodness after only owning it for a couple of weeks..??
            Might it be a little premature to make such a judgement..??
            Careful... it might turn around and bite you..
            PLS reread my post..

"The Lincoln MP210 is new on the market and..
            for all of your enthusiasm, ... there is just no long term history on that Mexican made Lincoln..."

BTW.. I do still own other colors.. Lincoln RED SqWave TIG 175... Hypertherm SILVER.PowerMax 1000... Hobart GOLD....TigWave 250.. Gilliland BLUE...Suitcase..
            Since 1968 I have owned or used most of the colors of the rainbow....

a sidetrack to the thread..and beating a dead horse.. but helps illustrate the need for caution when somebody endorses something... can't reliably extrapolate long term reliability by a 2 week ownership..

You announced on 03/27/15 that you had just picked yours up..
            Today is 04/08/15

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...087#post329087

MAYBE if you stopped making things up, such as me stating the mp210 reliability you would understand my point. First it welds very nice in mig, bettar than the 211 (yes i welded with it), has bettar duty cycle, more power, stick welds, can tig weld and costs the same or less as the 211.
            Now i did state if it burns up in 3 years i would go buy another one and call it a disposable machine as i would with a 211. Now where did i state i expect it to last 30 years. How long will it who knows? However who is to know how long a similiar 211 will last, or a dynasty 350...how many of them have we seen with under 50 hours blow up?

Kevin
            Lincoln ranger 305g x2
            Ln25
            Miller spectrum 625
            Miller 30a spoolgun
            Wc115a
            Lincoln 210mp
            F550 imt service truck

Comment

Really...??...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKhEw7nD9C4

My Blue Stuff:
              Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
              Dynasty 200DX
              Millermatic 200

Comment

As for the Lincoln MP 210, What happens if something goes wrong with the stick part . Does everything shut down ? I'm for independent machines , old fashion I guess.
                I feel it's part hard for a multi use machine to equal a dedicated one for the process.

Comment

Originally posted by BD1 View Post
                  As for the Lincoln MP 210, What happens if something goes wrong with the stick part . Does everything shut down ? I'm for independent machines , old fashion I guess.
                  I feel it's part hard for a multi use machine to equal a dedicated one for the process.
                  Adding processes does not hurt reliability, espically in a inverter setup. Also almost any engine drive made after 2000, has the ability to do all three processes.
                  Kevin
                  Lincoln ranger 305g x2
                  Ln25
                  Miller spectrum 625
                  Miller 30a spoolgun
                  Wc115a
                  Lincoln 210mp
                  F550 imt service truck

Comment

Adding processes does not hurt reliability, espically in a inverter setup. Also almost any engine drive made after 2000, has the ability to do all three processes.
                    Kevin
                    I agree but a 45 pound machine is a long way from a engine drive. Has anyone investigated what happens on these little compact machines what happens when one process dies ? Will the others still function ?

Comment

I agree but a 45 pound machine is a long way from a engine drive. Has anyone investigated what happens on these little compact machines what happens when one process dies ? Will the others still function ?
                      Miller Multimatic has been around long enough and I haven't seen any threads about problems.

I imagine if something does go bad it will indeed take down the whole machine.
                      Ed Conley
                      http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
                      MM252
                      MM211
                      Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
                      TA185
                      Miller 125c Plasma 120v
                      O/A set
                      SO 2020 Bender
                      You can call me Bacchus

Comment

Besides the age, the one concern about the MM 200, for me, is the fact that it is a 250 + amp unit with only 11 tap selections to choose from. My Migmaster 250 falls in the same output power class as the MM 200 and has 22 taps to choose from. With half the tap selection, the MM 200 must have some large steps in the out put between taps.

The MM 211 and PM 210 MP are roughly the same price. I personally look at the 210 MP as a MIG unit, because based on the options available in MIG mode it's fairly obvious which area Lincoln put the most focus on. Adjustable run-in, adjustable inductance, and more robust wire drive are all a BIG plus for the PM 210 MP over the MM 211.

Based on my experience with compact Miller MIG units, actual performance feedback I've read on the 211, has me strongly suspecting that I wouldn't be impressed with it. The MM 190 is the current compact Miller unit that has my attention.

Comment

I would have to say that it would depend on what failed. However one might reasonably assume that if something fails it will be something that you have been using and your going to want it back. Which means, for most people, your going to have to send the machine out for repairs and you won't have any process to use until it comes back. So I would have to agree that individual machines for each process is preferable if you have the space, power, need, desire and of course the money to have them all. ---Meltedmetal
                          ---Meltedmetal

Comment

All this talk of new machines breaking and witch is better

I for one know some one who had a 30+ year old welder that was broken and needed repairs, his business depended on his old Miller multi process machine.

Miller had the part to him in less than 24 hours! That's why I buy BLUE!
                            Not bad mouthing Lincoln its a fine machine I even owned one then but to me a guys ability to buy parts 20 years from now in the future means more me.

In today's day and age of throw away Miller still had parts for that old machine sorry that's not a story many other company's can brag about today and it made me a LIFE long owner I will never buy another brand.

My old used Shop master 350 I called about optional Gauges and stuff for it YUP Miller still has the parts on the shelf when ever I am ready to buy and upgrade it. Sorry but other manufactures don't look at servicing there customers needs 20 years down the line Miller does. Most Corporations have forgotten what the big picture is all about.
                            Its about taking care of your customers NOW AND IN THE FUTURE KEEPING THEM!

I'm just a Hobbyist
                            FOREVER BLUE!
                            Last edited by Doright; 04-10-2015, 09:39 AM.

Comment

blue, red, yellow..

Originally posted by Doright View Post
                              All this talk of new machines breaking and witch is better

I for one know some one who had a 30+ year old welder that was broken and needed repairs, his business depended on his old Miller multi process machine.

Miller had the part to him in less than 24 hours! That's why I buy BLUE!
                              Not bad mouthing Lincoln its a fine machine I even owned one then but to me a guys ability to buy parts 20 years from now in the future means more me.

In today's day and age of throw away Miller still had parts for that old machine sorry that's not a story many other company's can brag about today and it made me a LIFE long owner I will never buy another brand.

My old used Shop master 350 I called about optional Gauges and stuff for it YUP Miller still has the parts on the shelf when ever I am ready to buy and upgrade it. Sorry but other manufactures don't look at servicing there customers needs 20 years down the line Miller does. Most Corporations have forgotten what the big picture is all about.
                              Its about taking care of your customers NOW AND IN THE FUTURE KEEPING THEM!

I'm just a Hobbyist
                              FOREVER BLUE!

common parts such as caps, switches can be had for older welders. Neither manufactor has boards, screens and other unit spefic parts. Try getting a control board for a miller maxtron 450, used is your option. After about 7-10 years on obsolete welders some parts become difficult to find. Thats on both manufactors sides.
                              Lincoln ranger 305g x2
                              Ln25
                              Miller spectrum 625
                              Miller 30a spoolgun
                              Wc115a
                              Lincoln 210mp
                              F550 imt service truck

Comment

Tryagn5 is correct, where you other guys come up with this stuff is beyond me. If a manufacturer can't come up with a part, they broadcast through the repair centres looking for that part. Often :www.vintageparts.com has it as they buy up obsolete parts from the manufacturers. All brands are the same on obsolete parts

Comment

Working...
                                X