Older MillerMatic 200 or New 211

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Older MillerMatic 200 or New 211

I have the choice of a mid 80's vintage MillerMatic 200 with spot/stich panel and spool gun, excellent condition or sell that and purchase a new 211.

I currently have a Millermatic 130 and it has served me OK but have had a need for 1/4" to 3/8" plate welding. This is only hobby work.

For either machine I will need the correct 240 volt circuit installed.

The 200 is big and heavy, takes up a lot more space and is not "portable" like the 211 could be.

Any advice? Any idea on price for the 200? It also has a 25' power cord, tank, and regulator.

Thanks

Kevin

I do not know much about the 211, but even though the number is smaller, the 200 is stronger. It is a 250 amp machine. It has about, if not more, power than the current Millermatic 252. I enjoy my Millermatic 200 and would strongly recommend keeping it.

Comment

MM200... Absolutely..!!!

The MM200 is MUCH more machine than the MM211

We are talking full on industrial grade MIG welder when we look at the

Millermatic 200.... with an output of 270Amps @ 35% Duty Cycle...

While the

Millermatic 211 has an output of only 135Amps @ 35% Duty Cycle

it would be better compared to the current MM252 rather than the hobby grade MM211

Here is one of many old threads on it...

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...ighlight=mm200
      Last edited by H80N; 04-06-2015, 03:13 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
      Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
      Dynasty 200DX
      Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
      Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

depends on....

Originally posted by weldingdude View Post
        I have the choice of a mid 80's vintage MillerMatic 200 with spot/stich panel and spool gun, excellent condition or sell that and purchase a new 211.

I currently have a Millermatic 130 and it has served me OK but have had a need for 1/4" to 3/8" plate welding. This is only hobby work.

For either machine I will need the correct 240 volt circuit installed.

The 200 is big and heavy, takes up a lot more space and is not "portable" like the 211 could be.

Any advice? Any idea on price for the 200? It also has a 25' power cord, tank, and regulator.

Thanks

Kevin
        Do you have ample room, and do you need to move the welder to different jobsites, or houses? If you want something portable and powerful buy a lincoln mp210. I just sold my xmt304 setup and stepped down to a mp210. Why??...all my work is field work with engine drives and feeders. However the mp210 still alllows 210amps for wire feeding, stick welds very well, and can tig...The welders also weights in at 45lbs, runs on both 120 and 240 volts. Finally its a bargian at $999!
        Now some have commented that it is not a proven welder, certainly not as proven as the millermatic 200, but it has a lot of possibilities. I dont mind being the guinea pig, and trying it out!
        Kevin
        Lincoln ranger 305g x2
        Ln25
        Miller spectrum 625
        Miller 30a spoolgun
        Wc115a
        Lincoln 210mp
        F550 imt service truck

Comment

Originally posted by Tryagn5 View Post
          Do you have ample room, and do you need to move the welder to different jobsites, or houses? If you want something portable and powerful buy a lincoln mp210. I just sold my xmt304 setup and stepped down to a mp210. Why??...all my work is field work with engine drives and feeders. However the mp210 still alllows 210amps for wire feeding, stick welds very well, and can tig...The welders also weights in at 45lbs, runs on both 120 and 240 volts. Finally its a bargian at $999!
          Now some have commented that it is not a proven welder, certainly not as proven as the millermatic 200, but it has a lot of possibilities. I dont mind being the guinea pig, and trying it out!
          Kevin
          I seem to remember that you characterized that MP210 machine as "Disposable" but fitting your purposes.. here is that thread..

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...ighlight=210mp

Apples and Oranges...

That $999 price is a little misleading and does not get you a spoolgun for Aluminum... nor the parts to make it TIG capable with torch, pedal..Pedal Connector Kit..

And the PM 210 has an output of about 135 Amps @ 35% Duty Cycle

aside from being a beta tester... of a new untried product...

in 5 years one wonders how many of those PM 210's will still be operational..??

Bet there will be many many MM200's still plugging along far into the future...

If that MM200 is in decent shape.. with the SKP-35 Spot panel and the spoolgun... it would easily bring $1000...
          Resale if you decide to sell it later ...it..Probably will still beworth at least what you paid for it.
          (Used prices have been rising)

If you have the serial number you can look up the age here...

http://www.millerwelds.com/service/s...reference.html
          Last edited by H80N; 04-06-2015, 05:33 PM.

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
          Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
          Dynasty 200DX
          Millermatic 200

Comment

get the right info...

Originally posted by H80N View Post
            I seem to remember that you characterized that MP210 machine as "Disposable" but fitting your purposes.. here is that thread..

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...ighlight=210mp

Apples and Oranges...

That $999 price is a little misleading and does not get you a spoolgun for Aluminum... nor the parts to make it TIG capable with torch, pedal..Pedal Connector Kit..

And the PM 210 has an output of about 135 Amps @ 35% Duty Cycle

aside from being a beta tester... of a new untried product...

in 5 years one wonders how many of those PM 210's will still be operational..??

Bet there will be many many MM200's still plugging along far into the future...

If that MM200 is in decent shape.. with the SKP-35 Spot panel and the spoolgun... it would easily bring $1000...
            Resale if you decide to sell it later ...it..Probably will still beworth at least what you paid for it.
            (Used prices have been rising)

If you have the serial number you can look up the age here...

http://www.millerwelds.com/service/s...reference.html
            For a person who always references the manual to nearly every question asked, you failed to read the specs on the mp210....FIRST rated output is much higher than you stated. The stated output on CV ie mig per Lincolns site-
            120V: 100A/19.0/40%
            230V: 200A/24V/25%

Also i did not state the mp210 was a disposable machine instead i refered to it as cheap enough that after 3 years if it broke i would likely consider it to be disposable. I would simply buy a new one, just like i would with any welder at that price range. That includes miller, ie 211.

Now its clear your the ford vs chevy man type of person, much like how we debated about tig welding body panels, however lets be clear on facts, and not represent a product we dont like with the wrong facts.
            Lincoln could have a winner with the 210, or a loser, so far im on the winner side as it is a very nice welder for the price. Now time will tell how long it lasts, but it comes with a 3 year warranty and offers an addtional 2 years. Thats good enough for me.
            Kevin
            Lincoln ranger 305g x2
            Ln25
            Miller spectrum 625
            Miller 30a spoolgun
            Wc115a
            Lincoln 210mp
            F550 imt service truck

Comment

mm200 prices...

Also mm200's sell for 500-1000 around here. Super portable to, just grab the 300lb welder and set it in the back of the truck....then find the correct power. Sounds so easy i think i will throw out my ln25.
              Kevin
              Lincoln ranger 305g x2
              Ln25
              Miller spectrum 625
              Miller 30a spoolgun
              Wc115a
              Lincoln 210mp
              F550 imt service truck

Comment

Originally posted by Tryagn5 View Post
                Also mm200's sell for 500-1000 around here. Super portable to, just grab the 300lb welder and set it in the back of the truck....then find the correct power. Sounds so easy i think i will throw out my ln25.
                Kevin
                MM200 weight 228Lbs with gun.... and mine has been in and out of the back of a truck more times than I could count...

BTW... you were right I misread the duty cycle info... it was 200Amps @ 25% Duty Cycle for the MP210 in MIG as per the Label

page 7 of the manual

http://www.lincolnelectric.com/asset...3/imt10164.pdf

it also says "Assembled in Mexico"

My Blue Stuff:
                Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                Dynasty 200DX
                Millermatic 200

Comment

Originally posted by H80N View Post
                  MM200 weight 228Lbs with gun.... and mine has been in and out of the back of a truck more times than I could count...

BTW... you were right I misread the duty cycle info... it was 200Amps @ 25% Duty Cycle for the MP210 in MIG as per the Label

page 7 of the manual

http://www.lincolnelectric.com/asset...3/imt10164.pdf

it also says "Assembled in Mexico"
                  Lets see....228lbs plus wire and gas your over 300lbs. Yes will need gas with the mp210, but likely will be 10lb spool, and smaller gas cylinder. My general point is the mp210 is very portable, easy to grab and go, not with a millermatic 200. Going to be a forklift, or 2 person lift. Plus not going to plug into 120 wall outlet with the millermatic 200.
                  Kevin
                  Lincoln ranger 305g x2
                  Ln25
                  Miller spectrum 625
                  Miller 30a spoolgun
                  Wc115a
                  Lincoln 210mp
                  F550 imt service truck

Comment

Up to the OP's Needs...

Guess that
                    "weldingdude"......will weigh the inputs and make a decision based on his unique needs...
                    probably greatly entertained by the entries thus far

My Blue Stuff:
                    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                    Dynasty 200DX
                    Millermatic 200

Comment

A new 211 has a current rebate and will come with FULL 3 year warranty. The 211 is a multi volt machine. I love my 211 and 140 .

Comment

Both are fine machines, depends on what you want more, low volt circuit and lightweight, or high duty cycle.

Comment

Thanks for the all the help.

I cannot see the benefit of the higher duty cycle and higher amp for what I work on and storing a welder that big. It will make someone very happy!

Not interested in a "All in One" anything. Most times they only do it all so so

Does anyone have any insight to build quality of the new 211? Any repair stories?

The $200 rebate is a big help also. Everywhere I read about the 211, people love them!

Kevin

Comment

You can search on WELDINGWEB and see many post about the 211. I didn't read any negative comments. The 211 seems to prefer .030 wire with Lincoln L 56 being a favorite . http://weldingweb.com/

Comment

Originally posted by weldingdude View Post
                              Thanks for the all the help.

I cannot see the benefit of the higher duty cycle and higher amp for what I work on and storing a welder that big. It will make someone very happy!

Not interested in a "All in One" anything. Most times they only do it all so so

Does anyone have any insight to build quality of the new 211? Any repair stories?

The $200 rebate is a big help also. Everywhere I read about the 211, people love them!

Kevin
                              All in one machines i have owned, maxtron 450, excellant mig and stick machine, best 6010 machine i have owned. Poor at tig due to scratch start. Xmt 304, excallant at mig, good at stick, good at tig, had lift arc. Lincoln mp210 excellant mig and good stick performance, have not recieved my foot pedal yet so no comment on stick. All in one machines normally leave tig as the
                              So so process. I would not own a machine which could not stick weld, there are times when stick shines...such as hard to reach areas, running out of gas on a sunday evening, or windy condtions...
                              Kevin
                              Lincoln ranger 305g x2
                              Ln25
                              Miller spectrum 625
                              Miller 30a spoolgun
                              Wc115a
                              Lincoln 210mp
                              F550 imt service truck

Comment

Working...
                              X