• Show
Clear All

• Pipe pro 350 moisture issues.

Pipepro 350
    Srn-md040209e
    Stock-907428001
    Engine-mitsubishi
    Hours 1047

First this is not my machine rather a fitter at work. When the machine gets wet, like today during a snow storm, the gfi outlets pop, and the machine runs at high idle. Now are the gfis that sensative on this unit? Its a real pain for him as he needs his outlets to run a grinder inbetween the root pass, hot, and cover pass. If you blow all the moisture out of the outlets the machine works fine.
    Kevin
    Lincoln ranger 305g x2
    Ln25
    Miller spectrum 625
    Miller 30a spoolgun
    Wc115a
    Lincoln 210mp
    F550 imt service truck

Quite common, now the problem in both brands is that the GFI's really are not made for the outdoors. The units that are made for the weather have sliding covers in the receptacles themselves. Once replaced all is well. Or often what I do is replace one of the GFI's with a standard outdoor version and leave the other alone. That way, you have one for the inspector to see, and the other for use.

oh, and GFI's can only be reset on high idle 60hz

Comment

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
      Quite common, now the problem in both brands is that the GFI's really are not made for the outdoors. The units that are made for the weather have sliding covers in the receptacles themselves. Once replaced all is well. Or often what I do is replace one of the GFI's with a standard outdoor version and leave the other alone. That way, you have one for the inspector to see, and the other for use.

oh, and GFI's can only be reset on high idle 60hz
      Stupid question, but are the miller gfi outlets special...ie will any outdoor gfi outlet bolt into place?
      The fitter and i discussed ditching the gfi but I was worried about a grinder being dropped into standing water and someone getting fried. All of the fitters go inside trenches which can have standing water in them. Funny thing is i have never had this issue on any tb302, ranger 305g, or my older pipepro304.
      Kevin
      Lincoln ranger 305g x2
      Ln25
      Miller spectrum 625
      Miller 30a spoolgun
      Wc115a
      Lincoln 210mp
      F550 imt service truck

Comment

Silly thing is that no grinder is grounded anyways, so a GFI is kinda pointless. Yes pretty simple to r/r with any outdoor rated receptacle, and no it doesn't interefere with your warranty

Comment

Working...
        X