Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portable Welder
    replied
    The only time I have heard the term cost per inch for welding is from someone who has never been a professional welder.

Did you go look at the job - Thats a cost.

How much travel time will you have.

How much set up time will you have.

How much cleaning is required.

How long will it take to weld.

All of these things are a cost.

So figure out how much time you will have into it and then figure out how much you want to make per hour.

I just had to go work on a vacum chamber that cost around a half million, they paid me for 6 hrs of drive time, 1 hr to get in, 1 hr to get out, 1 hr to weld and zyglo test it under vacum and 45 minutes to wrap up.

9.75 hrs over time to weld about 1-1/2" max. well over a $ 1,000.00

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by eecervantes83 View Post
    I know there's a set price per inch but I cant seen to find it nowhere online.
    There is no universal price per inch...

each weldor has a different style.. speed.. consumables use... overhead etc..(gotta figure in rent... insurance and equipment cost..)

so it would be impossible to impose one number to it...

but you can run some test pieces.. and calculate YOUR cost per inch for this instance...
    Last edited by H80N; 03-22-2015, 11:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• eecervantes83
    replied
    I know there's a set price per inch but I cant seen to find it nowhere online.

Leave a comment:

• eecervantes83
    replied
    How much to weld .

Leave a comment:

• Portable Welder
    replied
    Your question appears as if its directed at someone who knows what your talking about.

You might want to be a little more clear, Are you wanting to buy pipe or wanting to know how much to weld.

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    Something that your going to have to figure out, cost of materials, cost of transportation, your labour, time it takes to weld 1 inch in a process of your choice

Leave a comment:

• eecervantes83
    started a topic cost per inch.

cost per inch.

Whats the cost per inch on steel irrigation pipe . And whats your guys procedure. Im talking about 36" diameter size. cut and weld with band straps over the cut seams.
Working...
X