do I have a big enough electrical service to run my welder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do I have a big enough electrical service to run my welder

Well I settled on getting the syncrowave 210, and I was just wondering if the electric service I am putting in my shop it big enough. I'm running a 100 amp sub panel to my shop that will come off of the 200 amp service that's at my house

100 amp you could run a nice used 250 syncro or pt 275 much nicer rigs

Comment

Originally posted by DTerpwelding View Post
      Well I settled on getting the syncrowave 210, and I was just wondering if the electric service I am putting in my shop it big enough. I'm running a 100 amp sub panel to my shop that will come off of the 200 amp service that's at my house
      It wants to see a max 30 Amp breaker @ 230VAC..

Section 5-4 Electrical Service Guide Page 16

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o261726b_mil.pdf

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
      Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
      Dynasty 200DX
      Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
      Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

well....

sub panel is a great way to transfer power but!!!!....you still only have 200 amps. So add up what the house uses add 10 percent for safety...then subtract that from your 200amp service. Some houses are all electric...ie oven, dryer, water heater, house heater, ac systems and the 200 amps is used up quickly. Others have ample reserves. Now the other question is how far is your subpanel going to be from the main panel? That plays a role to. Keep in mind to feed 100 amps to a subpanel #2 or #4 is required and thats for shorter runs..ie under 60ft or so.
        Kevin
        Lincoln ranger 305g x2
        Ln25
        Miller spectrum 625
        Miller 30a spoolgun
        Wc115a
        Lincoln 210mp
        F550 imt service truck

Comment

Is the new synch an inverter? 100A is good but the old synch took 60.

Comment

No chit,,, guess I been under a rock. You could run 2 or 3 of them.
            Last edited by Sberry; 03-21-2015, 06:23 AM.

Comment

In my opinion you are good to go since it's an inverter based machine.

Have fun with it
              "Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." ~George Bernard Shaw~

Airco 300 Heliwelder
              Dialarc 250 AC/DC
              ESAB 161
              Invertec v250 and v300 Pro
              SA200
              Spectrum 700 plasma
              MM210
              Miller HF-15-1
              Dirty ugly tools - perfect

Comment

Pat H. The 250 syncrowave pulls a little over 100 amps so by the time you add lights in the building and a possible compressor that might kick on while welding your running short on amps.

However, That is if he's running at maximum amperage.

Comment

Working...
                X