Dynasty 350 board issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynasty 350 board issue

My Dynasty 350 blew up a couple of weeks ago. Just sitting but turned on and a capacitor on the main power board blew a hole the size of a quarter through the board.It's out of warranty of course and the board cost plus labor was $1500.00! Board came in and the tech installed it but the machine still wouldn't power up. Miller told him that most likely when that happens it's MULTIPLE boards that fail! So we are replacing each board until we get the machine running again. So far we are about five grand into the repair and still can't get it running!!!!Great machine when it's running but it's about to run me out of business.I will never make the same mistake again! I've been running Millers for close to 30 years but I can't afford a $10,000.00 machine and $5000.00 repair bill.Just ordered my first Everlast 325 today and it will be here Monday.I can buy SIX of these machines for what I have in this one 350. I'm in business to make money and I am loyal to all of my suppliers but this is a case of simple math. Don't know if I am willing to invest in a Miller product again.

Serial number..?? and PICS..??

Miller Tech..?? factory?? or local LWS guy..??

board swapping without a definitive diagnosis..??

Or ...is this a Troll ad for Chinee Neverlast...?? (We get them periodically...)

Where are you located..?? Morehead City..?? Beautiful area, Core Sound..
    (Trained Pilots at the MAEWR many years ago.. still have friends on Harker's)
    Last edited by H80N; 03-20-2015, 08:58 AM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

I am in Morehead City. My 350 is at the local factory authorized dealer.
      I am absolutely not trolling or advertising for any other manufacturer.
      I am at a loss because of the cost to replace these boards through Miller.
      I know the Everlast is most likely a disposable machine but From a financial standpoint it doesn't make sense for me to pay ten grand for a machine and then when it goes down the repairs are ridiculously expensive.
      I wish it wasn't this way but I don't see the financial benefit of owning the best machine in the industry right now.
      Sincerely,
      Tim

Comment

what was the error code, and ill tell you what the cost was to fix

Comment

Originally posted by TunaTower View Post
          I am in Morehead City. My 350 is at the local factory authorized dealer.
          I am absolutely not trolling or advertising for any other manufacturer.
          I am at a loss because of the cost to replace these boards through Miller.
          I know the Everlast is most likely a disposable machine but From a financial standpoint it doesn't make sense for me to pay ten grand for a machine and then when it goes down the repairs are ridiculously expensive.
          I wish it wasn't this way but I don't see the financial benefit of owning the best machine in the industry right now.
          Sincerely,
          Tim
          Could you post your serial#...??

how far out of warrantee..?? serial will tell us

Have you spoken to Miller TIG Tech support in addition to your local dealer??.. many times they can offer additional help that the dealer cannot...

is the local tech trained in the Dynasty??

in addition to factory guys there is an excellent tech on this board that goes by the handle "CRUIZER"... he has intimate knowledge of the Dynasty series... your local guy might not have the experience and be shotgunning it...
          Last edited by H80N; 03-20-2015, 12:08 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
          Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
          Dynasty 200DX
          Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
          Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Dynasty Issue

My Dynasty 350 blew up a couple of weeks ago. Just sitting but turned on and a capacitor on the main power board blew a hole the size of a quarter through the board.It's out of warranty of course and the board cost plus labor was $1500.00! Board came in and the tech installed it but the machine still wouldn't power up. Miller told him that most likely when that happens it's MULTIPLE boards that fail! So we are replacing each board until we get the machine running again. So far we are about five grand into the repair and still can't get it running!!!!Great machine when it's running but it's about to run me out of business.I will never make the same mistake again! I've been running Millers for close to 30 years but I can't afford a $10,000.00 machine and $5000.00 repair bill.Just ordered my first Everlast 325 today and it will be here Monday.I can buy SIX of these machines for what I have in this one 350. I'm in business to make money and I am loyal to all of my suppliers but this is a case of simple math. Don't know if I am willing to invest in a Miller product again.
            TunaTower,

We are sorry to hear about the trouble you have had with your Dynasty 350. Please message us directly with the serial number and the name of the service center so we may look into the matter.

Thank you,
            Miller Electric Mfg. Co.
            Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
              what was the error code, and ill tell you what the cost was to fix
              The error code was a hole the size of a silver dollar in the main power board where one of the main capacitor's blew clean off the machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Admin View Post
                TunaTower,We are sorry to hear about the trouble you have had with your Dynasty 350. Please message us directly with the serial number and the name of the service center so we may look into the matter. Thank you, Miller Electric Mfg. Co. Customer Service
                I am getting the machine back today and they say it's fixed. Haven't seen the final bill yet. I don't have the serial number here but can send it along once I get the unit back.Machine and Welding Supply in New Bern, NC is the repair facility.Thanks,Tim

Comment

I am getting the machine back today and they say it's fixed. Haven't seen the final bill yet. I don't have the serial number here but can send it along once I get the unit back.Machine and Welding Supply in New Bern, NC is the repair facility.Thanks,Tim

So im taking it you just came here to complain? Many people here have been given good will warranties on there dynastys after the warranty had expired. Normally it is based on the usage of the machine, if machine was bought new, and what fails.
                  Kevin
                  Lincoln ranger 305g x2
                  Ln25
                  Miller spectrum 625
                  Miller 30a spoolgun
                  Wc115a
                  Lincoln 210mp
                  F550 imt service truck

Comment

Working...
                  X