Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lincoln power MIG 210 MP..

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lincoln power MIG 210 MP..

    I was looking at purchasing the power mig 20 mp. I've heard great things for the most part and wondered if anyone had any input

  • #2
    http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php...=LINCOLN+210MP

    http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php...=LINCOLN+210MP
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

    Comment


    • #3
      going to buy one....

      Originally posted by CH805 View Post
      I was looking at purchasing the power mig 20 mp. I've heard great things for the most part and wondered if anyone had any input

      going to buy one as soon as the 6 week back log is done. Very portable unit. Also for $ 999 its a steal.
      kevin
      Lincoln ranger 305g x2
      Ln25
      Miller spectrum 625
      Miller 30a spoolgun
      Wc115a
      Lincoln 210mp
      F550 imt service truck

      Comment


      • #4
        We won't know the full story for a few years...

        their reliability and quality will only be revealed after they have been in real world use for some time..

        Early buyers should understand that they are Beta-Testers....

        I usually wait till a model has been out for a while and they have shaken out the bugs and kinks...

        BTW... Where is this one made?? another Italian one...?? or Chinese..??..or..??

        Some of the Lincoln Invertec's were Italian and had a dismal service and reliability history
        Last edited by H80N; 03-19-2015, 05:54 PM.
        .

        *******************************************
        The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

        “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

        Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

        My Blue Stuff:
        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
        Dynasty 200DX
        Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
        Millermatic 200

        TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by H80N View Post
          We won't know the full story for a few years...

          their reliability and quality will only be revealed after they have been in real world use for some time..

          Early buyers should understand that they are Beta-Testers....

          I usually wait till a model has been out for a while and they have shaken out the bugs and kinks...

          BTW... Where is this one made?? another Italian one...?? or Chinese..??..or..??

          Some of the Lincoln Invertec's were Italian and had a dismal service and reliability history
          so did the first 5 YEARS OF DYNASTYS worst arc starts of a high dollar machine ive ever used not bashing Miller just a bad machine and when the blue lightning came out you couldn't upgrade a part or download you had a paper weight with no parts or support {at least in my area** so we were all 5yrs. of beta testers and again not bashing have several Millers maxstar 150 sth has one of the nicest tig starts and arc starts in my opinion, but my dynasty 03 version has been a joke from the get go still have it 12 yrs later with about 2-3 hrs on it cause its that frusterating to use and try to restart a arc when it works its nice,

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by pat h View Post
            so did the first 5 YEARS OF DYNASTYS worst arc starts of a high dollar machine ive ever used not bashing Miller just a bad machine and when the blue lightning came out you couldn't upgrade a part or download you had a paper weight with no parts or support {at least in my area** so we were all 5yrs. of beta testers and again not bashing have several Millers maxstar 150 sth has one of the nicest tig starts and arc starts in my opinion, but my dynasty 03 version has been a joke from the get go still have it 12 yrs later with about 2-3 hrs on it cause its that frusterating to use and try to restart a arc when it works its nice,
            I waited a couple of years before I bought my Dynasties Too... same for My MM350P.... not very interested in being a Beta Tester...
            .

            *******************************************
            The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

            “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

            Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

            My Blue Stuff:
            Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
            Dynasty 200DX
            Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
            Millermatic 200

            TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

            Comment


            • #7
              apple to orange....

              Originally posted by H80N View Post
              I waited a couple of years before I bought my Dynasties Too... same for My MM350P.... not very interested in being a Beta Tester...
              to compare a unit which sells for 999, vs a dynasty which sells for 4-5k or a 350mp which is a 4k machine is a poor comparsion. The 210 has a 3 year warranty if that machine lasts 3 years and blows up i will go buy a new one. Unless it turns out to be the biggest piece of junk out there, this machine will change the entire entry level welder market.
              A high doller machine like a dynasty should be expected to last for years in an industrial setting, and yes i would not want the first batch run of them. However a simple machine like the 210mp i dont have any issue being a beta tester. After 5 minutes of welding with it i was hooked, it welded great. I tried to buy it but my local welding company informed me it was a demo unit only!!
              This mp is small enough to be portable, powerful enough to be useful, and cheap enough to be disposable. Im betting this unit will cut my ln25 time in half. Also this unit if it field proves well will make the multimatic 200 a short lived miller product. Who would pay double for a machine which is less powerful and slightly lighter?
              Kevin
              Lincoln ranger 305g x2
              Ln25
              Miller spectrum 625
              Miller 30a spoolgun
              Wc115a
              Lincoln 210mp
              F550 imt service truck

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Tryagn5 View Post
                to compare a unit which sells for 999, vs a dynasty which sells for 4-5k or a 350mp which is a 4k machine is a poor comparsion. The 210 has a 3 year warranty if that machine lasts 3 years and blows up i will go buy a new one. Unless it turns out to be the biggest piece of junk out there, this machine will change the entire entry level welder market.
                A high doller machine like a dynasty should be expected to last for years in an industrial setting, and yes i would not want the first batch run of them. However a simple machine like the 210mp i dont have any issue being a beta tester. After 5 minutes of welding with it i was hooked, it welded great. I tried to buy it but my local welding company informed me it was a demo unit only!!
                This mp is small enough to be portable, powerful enough to be useful, and cheap enough to be disposable. Im betting this unit will cut my ln25 time in half. Also this unit if it field proves well will make the multimatic 200 a short lived miller product. Who would pay double for a machine which is less powerful and slightly lighter?
                Kevin
                So.... you're sayin that little Lincoln 210 Mp is disposable anyway so why worry...??

                inexpensive... but not uncomplicated..

                Lincoln got a pretty bad black eye with the Italian Invertecs... and this one is made where?? to meet that pricepoint....?

                At $1000 it is probably a HUGE investment for the average hobbiest... if it only lasts for the 3 year warrantee period..?? Would not be a very good buy .. would it...

                Beta-Testers..?? or disposable..??... either way.. it sounds less and less like a bargain to me......
                Last edited by H80N; 03-21-2015, 08:05 AM.
                .

                *******************************************
                The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

                “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

                Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

                My Blue Stuff:
                Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                Dynasty 200DX
                Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
                Millermatic 200

                TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by H80N View Post
                  So.... you're sayin that little Lincoln 210 Mp is disposable anyway so why worry...??

                  inexpensive... but not uncomplicated..

                  Lincoln got a pretty bad black eye with the Italian Invertecs... and this one is made where?? to meet that pricepoint....

                  Beta-Testers......
                  i said if it breaks in 3 years..yes i consider it disposable. Would i pay to have it looked at? No. Will it last longer..maybe but I spend more than $999 in 3 years on batteries for cordless tools. As for its orgins i believe it is made in mexico.
                  Kevin
                  Lincoln ranger 305g x2
                  Ln25
                  Miller spectrum 625
                  Miller 30a spoolgun
                  Wc115a
                  Lincoln 210mp
                  F550 imt service truck

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Yes, never cared for the Tig invertecs made in Italy, most are made in Poland now. Seemed to be Dynamite in a pretty case.



                    Never the less, just look at the letter on the serial # "U" is Cleveland, "I" is Italy, "P" is Poland excettera

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Tryagn5 View Post
                      going to buy one as soon as the 6 week back log is done. Very portable unit. Also for $ 999 its a steal.
                      kevin
                      American Gas in Wheeling Il. had them on the floor couple weeks ago also multimatic 200 and the tweco so you could compare them, have you guys looked at the miller 211 or hh 210 lot of people like them have good resale in a couple of years if you want to upgrade,

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by pat h View Post
                        American Gas in Wheeling Il. had them on the floor couple weeks ago also multimatic 200 and the tweco so you could compare them, have you guys looked at the miller 211 or hh 210 lot of people like them have good resale in a couple of years if you want to upgrade,

                        They had 2 now they have 1! Thanks for the lead very nice people to deal with.
                        Kevin
                        Lincoln ranger 305g x2
                        Ln25
                        Miller spectrum 625
                        Miller 30a spoolgun
                        Wc115a
                        Lincoln 210mp
                        F550 imt service truck

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Tryagn5 View Post
                          They had 2 now they have 1! Thanks for the lead very nice people to deal with.
                          Kevin
                          Hey Kevin,
                          For I believe $100 you can get two extra years of warranty.
                          Nick

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I bought my first welder 25+ yrs. ago from them {brian&butch** family owned just diff. names good people

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Lincoln power MIG 210 MP..

                              As a quick update, I purchased the power mig 210 after all.... And I have to say, that I LOVE IT. It's a perfect fit for me at this point. At $1000, I don't think there is anything in that price range that can come close to what this welder can do. But to be fair, I haven't run any TIG or stick yet.... But the mig and flux core have been running solid and the portability makes on site welds a breeze.
                              I Highly recommend this welder to anyone that may be considering it to purchase.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X