Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old Airco model 2.5a ddr-224-hf-b, foot pedal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Airco model 2.5a ddr-224-hf-b, foot pedal?

I picked one of these welders up last Sunday. Got everything cleaned up and wired in. Was able to get a nice weld in AC/DC-/DC+. The caps for the HF section have oozed out, so I've got replacements ordered for that. I don't believe the HF works as it should be. (I did set the arc gap though) Anyhow, I'm setting this unit up as a workhorse for everything around the house/shop. I have a TIG torch setup on the way as well as a regulator. Going tomorrow to look at/buy a cooler setup for it as well.

Anyhow, I'm sure I can get the HF stuff sorted. The torch I bought has a switch on it as well. But my real question is, can a pedal be retrofitted into these units? I see the Miller RFC-23A is the pedal of choice for the Dialarc 250. Which from what I've gathered, this Airco model is the predecessor to it. But I know there's no provision for remote current controls on this unit. (Just the HF control) Is there a means of adding it to this welder? Or has anyone split up the internal wiring to feed 110V to the HF side and Low voltage to the gas solenoid. (Alternatively, I could swap out the solenoid to a 110vac I guess) I've been reading about SSVR's which I could use a 10K foot pedal to control and vary input voltage to the transformer that way. But I'd be more interested in constructing something "factory" for it.

Its old all right , (Miller 250 ac/dc HF). No idea on your torch switch, though in this case it should merely complete a circuit just like a light switch for RC1.

The unit appears to use a power shunt assembly for arc control, so thats a BIG NO on the remote control.

Comment

Its old all right , (Miller 250 ac/dc HF). No idea on your torch switch, though in this case it should merely complete a circuit just like a light switch for RC1. It does look like RC1 ties into the gas solinoid, so once you close that circuit, gas comes on.

The unit appears to use a power shunt assembly for arc control, so thats a BIG NO on the remote control.

Comment

Working...
      X