Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sberry
    replied
    I have an S about 6 yrs old. I havnt ran 10 on it but 11 and 18 and it works pretty good. I have ran it side by side other machines, I would give the tranny an edge on starts but its not much or a deal breaker. I don't recall mine being advertised as hot start.

Leave a comment:

• M J Mauer
    replied
    Welcome to the forum Phil.

Leave a comment:

• Rezeppa
    replied
    maxstar 150 S hot start

That is just the machine it's not that the hot Start doesn't work it's just for some reason with the maxstar 150 series they don't like 7018. I have no idea why but I have experienced the same thing on multiple machines just takes some patience but it does weld it.

Leave a comment:

• flatcreek
    started a topic maxstar 150 S hot start

maxstar 150 S hot start

Let me introduce myself before I ask a guestion. Name Phil and I've welded off an on since I was a teenager back in the 60s. I've done a little of stick, mig, tig and even a little OA but by no means am I a pro, I just have a passion for welding and sometimes a need. I build all kinds of wood stairs for a living ( snyderstairs.com)and sometimes have the need to incorporated some metal.
    My guestion is about the hot start on the maxstar 150 s, I'm not sure it is working. Whenever I try to start 3/32 7018 Excalibur it sticks. It sometime sticks 3or4 times before i get it going at 90 amps. I also have a syncrowave 180 SD and have no problem starting at 90. When I first turn on the welder it seems to start them pretty good, but after its been on a while it becomes a problem. This is a new electrode not a restart. Other rods 6011, 7014 start with a lot less problem, in fact the7014 is no problem at all. Any help or advice is greatly appreciate and thank you in advance.
    THANKS PHIL
    Last edited by flatcreek; 03-09-2015, 07:59 PM.
Working...
X