• davidddtrucking@gmail.com
    replied
    cruzer

Wondering if Cruzer has the specs for the spool gun circuit board

Leave a comment:

replied
    circuit board

The current loggerhead is that the circuit board must be fried because the wire feed drive does not respond to the reostat...it drives only at high speed.

Leave a comment:

replied
    gas line

The brittle plastic line broke off in the orifice of the actuator gadget so I carefully drilled the plastic out of the hole and reattached the line. Haven't tried reassembling the gun to see if the line will flex enough to fit properly, but if not I will attempt to buy some new 1/4 inch plastic tubing and attach that. The biggest worry for me was if that hole would drill out properly, which it did.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    Thanks for the great advice..I have the gas line fixed..just following Cruzers advice to pull the circuit board and take it in for repair ..need the specs on the board, to relay to the repair guy if possible
    out of curiosity...

how did you repair the gas line..??

Leave a comment:

replied
    spool gun

Thanks for the great advice..I have the gas line fixed..just following Cruzers advice to pull the circuit board and take it in for repair ..need the specs on the board, to relay to the repair guy if possible

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    In the process of dismantling the circuit board, the brittle plastic gas line broke. Is that part available?
    I seem to remember that some of the early ones had a generic clear vinyl line inside the gun about 6 inches long...
    They yellow, get milkey looking and brittle with age...

if it is one of those... you could buy some hose at just about any hardware store for a couple of bucks..

Leave a comment:

• duaneb55
    replied
    Yup.

http://miller4less.com/advanced_sear...16&search.y=11

That's the gas hose kit for the older Spoolmatic guns.

Leave a comment:

replied
    the gas line

In the process of dismantling the circuit board, the brittle plastic gas line broke. Is that part available?

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    really, just best to pull the guns circuit board (taking a pic of where the wires go) and send it in for overhaul. Any tv repair place can do it, as its a very simple board. Supply them the tech specs on it. If you cant find them, I can supply the manual.

Leave a comment:

replied
    New gun

Can you tell me if you are aware of a new gun that would plug and play onto our current old control drive box?

Leave a comment:

replied
    New

Is it possible to just purchase a new gun that would attach to this CP 200 and the accessory control box?

Leave a comment:

replied
    New

Any suggestions on purchasing a reasonably priced new spool gun?

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    Yeah... no, that gun is like 35 years old ish. might find one on ebay, but most of them are trashed by now.

Leave a comment:

replied
    New board

Could I get a new control board? (I've got it apart)..or what does a new gun cost?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X